Hybrid View

Default Installing yourself or paying?

Im trying to figure out if i should pay the 300 hundred dollars to have them install a new amp tower speakers and the ws420 or anybody whos done is it pretty self explanatory or difficult.
    Also i would need to bridge the new amp to run the tower speakers

I did mine myself - however I am thinking about paying $150 to re-wire my bows, mount amps, clean up everything, etc.

However, I am going to build my own sub box.

the only part im getting scared about is the amps i dont want to underpower the speakers or anything of that nature

$300 is a fair price if you are paying because going rate on just running/wiring tower speakers is $200 alone

this question can't be answered on here. it's simply a matter of your technical abilities and knowledge of stereo installs.

I would probably suggest that if you are at all second-guessing yourself, pay and have it done. most shops are going to charge a little more to clean up someone's project than start clean. now if you have a buddy that has done stereo installs before, and not the big prefabbed box sitting on the back seat of a chevy cavalier, you might enlist them to help you out for maybe beer/pizza, or better yet, a few pulls and a nice afternoon on the water.. I would jump at that chance

and you da man is correct, that is a very fair price..
    '06 Supra Launch 20SSV-gone but never forgotten

that price was if i pulled the wire myself which i can do without a problem. Just wondering if the instructions/manuals that come with the tower speakers or amps are any good. I have a buddies boat that has two amps installed and the dual battery setup so im thinking i would be able to