Thread: bad newz

Default bad newz

Was driving to the lake last weekend and my boat got sideswiped by a guy pulling a camper. entire side of the boat is caved in so looks like i am out a boat till the boat show comes in january of next year. His insurance did cover it and they told me that my boat (04 lsv) was only worth 29..isn't that a bunch of crap... but anyway i well still be able to get out behind my buddies boat...

So to the reason i am writting this, Has anyone heard about or does anyone know when moomba will release information on the 05's that are going to come out..

Thanks

Luke

Default Replying to Topic 'bad newz'

I hope you are not settling on 29.Good luck.
    John

Wow, sorry to hear about your boat. I hope you've got a good insurance company to fight for you. 29k for a new v-drive is crazy talk. Good luck and don't settle for anything less than a comparable NEW boat.

A good friend of mine who is an insurance lawyer told me a valuable lesson once. He is hired by insurance companies to fight in their interest. He said that most insurance companies will come to your terms if the cost of the attorney will outweigh the settlement. My advice to you is to threaten your insurance company that you will sue if that is all they will give you. You may be able to pull a couple grand more out of them. Good luck!! Art

That is why I tell others that are involved in an accident is to claim an injury so that after the insurance man gives you a pitance for your boat (or car) then the other half (the injury claim) needs to be settled. Last time I needed that was 25 years ago but the bigger the jerks they are the bigger the injury claim. The two settlements end up paying for like items. Sad to see it that way but you need to be one up on the insurance company to break even.
    1998 Mobius
    310 HP PCM
    SOLD

Last time I checked that was called insurance fraud!

Get a clue Austin. An injury is an injury. No fraud here and for even to think so is insulting.
    1998 Mobius
    310 HP PCM
    SOLD

Claims adjusters are paid to lowball the payout. Good advice.

Had to help a neighbor collect on life insurance once. Similar, but very bad situation. Played hardball on her behalf via the state insurance commissioner. Commissioner himself called me and told me if this particular (large) company didn't pay the claim immediately they would no longer be allowed to do business in this particular state. Solved it.

Its an occupation to try to lowball claims. Get serious and methodical with it!

Hey Zabooda, not to harp on your comments, since that is not what this thread is about, but lets look at what you said.

Zabooda said, "That is why I tell others that are involved in an accident is to claim an injury so that after the insurance man gives you a pitance for your boat"

If you have to tell someone to claim an injury, there must not really be one.

Zabooda said," the bigger the jerks they are the bigger the injury claim"

If it were ligit, how can an injury miraculously get "bigger" based on someone being a jerk.

I am nto defending insurance companies here, but I have studied insurance law. Fraud may be tough to prove in these cases, but fakingn or exageratting is fraud. Plain and simple.