Thread: Carpet cleaning

Default Carpet cleaning

I am wondering what everyone uses to bring their carpet back to life? My carpet is pretty matted down so I attempted using the rug doctor, but it didn't do as much as I expected. I am thinking about using the power washer followed by a conditioner. Any suggestions?

Default Carpet clean

I used the automotive "tuff stuff", which did a pretty good job, as well as one of the other foaming carpet cleaners in a can. The cleaners foam up nicely and if you use one of those light duty scrub brushes, you can wick up the carpet fibers to bring them back to life. I kept a spackle bucket of soapy water by my side to rinse the brush and towel I was using. I'm in salt water, so I have a really tough time keeping mine clean.

Not sure you can do much about it becoming matted down - it's gonna happen in due time. After you clean/scrub, the carpet will look great - until people start to trample it.

I do mine pretty much as does cgriebs with few exceptions.
    I also use automotive carpet cleaner, usually tough stuff, a carpet brush, and rinse, rinse, rinse with water from water hose. The main thing that cgriebs doesn't list doing that I do is dry my carpet with shop vac.
    I used to just clean, rinse, and allow to air dry with reasonable results. A friend suggested drying with shop vac, and it made a big difference in the carpet's texture. The shop vac tends to kinda "fluff" the carpet up a bit while sucking out the water.
    www.louisianawakeboarding.com

2004 LSV
    Perfect Pass, Integrated ballast (front, rear, middle), Wake Plate, Tower mounted bimini, Swivel board racks, Surf board rack, Tower mounted mirror, Keel guard, 4 tower speakers, 12" sub, 2 amps, transom remote, Bow filler cushion, and the list continues to grow.

There was just a topic on this. Several people said they use a power washer. I will be doing that to mine this weekend if the weather is nice.
    2008 Outback V - Sold but never forgotten.
    “Do not wait; the time will never be “just right.” Start where you stand, and work with whatever tools you may have at your command, and better tools will be found as you go along." -Napoleon Hill