I'm pretty much just a free skiier, if I find the time to improve and get to the course that would be great, if I only free ski around the lake I'm happy with that too. I found a good deal on a new, but 2007/blem HO Comp Freeride which as a ski I like so far compared to the half of a combo that I usually used.

I got it with a HO Level binding and RTP. The Level binding for some reason was always difficult to come off when I was done, the straps not releasing very easily or in some cases at at all. I guess I didn't think much of it but sure enough this weekend I took an awkward fall and my front foot didn't release, end result ankle fracture so short season for me this year.

I want to take precautions to avoid the situation in the future. I think at minimum I'd get another HO level rear binding instead of the RTP, thinking that they'd probably both stay in which is a lot better than one out. I'm not opposed to spending a bit for a nicer/safer pair of bindings too though, that would either both release or both stay in. Any good recommendations?