Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quote Originally Posted by sailing217 View Post
    I have a different boat but here are some generalizations: riding a fast surf style board like a Shred Stixx, you'll want to go faster than usual. We skim at 10.7, and the surf-style pros on the boat ride 12.5mph. I was riding my Walker James at 11.5 and it just wasn't fast enough to get good air. A longer smaller faster wave is better for Air.

Driving: turning towards the wake will make the front bigger. If your rider is trying to recover at the back of the wake, slightly turning to the opposite side will load up the push at the far end of the wake.

youdaman: you have plenty of ballast, I'd put one of those 400s up front and kick it up to upper 10's.
    I already tried with the 400 up front with a 400 on the surf side seat. The wake was pretty good, slightly longer. I'm going to play with speed a little bit more. I know I have "enough" ballast to surf but looking for a good wake with alot of push so I can try some airs in the future. I've seen some videos of other boats going up to 14.5+mph with boats completely loaded down to the rubrail. I've gone up to 12mph but I may even try 12.5-13mph just to see...it's only a little more throttle so it couldn't hurt. I haven't tried it yet but I've heard a couple other guys on other forums filling 200-300lbs on the opposite side v-drive sac and it gives the wake more push. I haven't seen anyone on here mention that so I may as well give it a try too. This is all just experimenting. I have access to extra sacs so I may as well try some setups that I haven't seen on the Moomba forum before. Also, the XLV is the minority here so there's not alot of info on dialing it the surf wake. I can cruise all day with the current setups, I just got a Triple X skim style board and will have to figure out a setup that is not so steep (probably just more weight up front and/or wakeplate more down).

[QUOTE=you da man;103828]I haven't tried it yet but I've heard a couple other guys on other forums filling 200-300lbs on the opposite side v-drive sac and it gives the wake more push. QUOTE]

We do this and it does give a bunch more push! Once we have a good list, it's about sinking the boat deeper in the water for me. Water still below rubrail=safe

I got an 05 xlv with stock gravity 3 ballast and we added about 400lb of sand bags. Here are some pics of my buddies surfing it.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Go big or go home!

Quote Originally Posted by bslide View Post
    I got an 05 xlv with stock gravity 3 ballast and we added about 400lb of sand bags. Here are some pics of my buddies surfing it.
    Plus 400lbs of dudes on the deck