Default THANKS Ed G & Al for minimalist surfing tips

I took advantage of the sale at Evogear promo and bought a LF Venture board understanding that it wasn't the greatest thing out there. But it was affordable and wouldn't make me cry if the kiddos decided they didn't like surfing. The board arrived last Thursday and girls were begging me all weekend to let them try it out. We only have the GI system, but I remembered Ed & Al's posts about keeping it simple, so we filled what we had, threw everybody to one side (I stood on the ski locker, like Al) and the girls HAD A FREAKING BLAST! Made my Father's Day one that I won't forget.

I know this wave is a joke to most of you, but take a look at that smile on my daughter's face. Think she cares?

BTW - fly high 750 & tsunami are already ordered.

Drew,

Your daughter looks like a natural! As light as she is and as big as that board is, that wake is actually just about the perfect size for her. Looks like she is already getting plenty of slack. In that first pic, tell her to point her board at the rear, port side corner of the boat (the one visible in the pic) and she'll be able to stay in the pocket and toss the rope in no time!

Al
    Al

2006 Mobius LSV

I would say shes haveing fun. But where is the picture of the Dad getting to surf on fathers day ?

I got woke up by my daughter saying "whats taking so long lets go surfing" what a wonderfull start to a good day. Oh and we had Tijuna Flats for lunch
    Last edited by moombadaze; 06-21-2010 at 07:43 AM.
    Hey, Its Moomba time

Its all about the dash - enjoy the dash, as that is your time between the dates
    13 Mobius LSV-sold
    08 Mobius LSV-sold
    03 Mobius LSV-sold
    life is about finding the balance between being a responsible adult and staying young at heart

That wave is perfect for your daughter. I had a huge wave and my one son got on top it and dropped into it and hit the swim deck. Took the rest of the summer before he would try it again (lesson on what not to do).

I tell all my beginners to lightly drag their hand on top of the wave and they'll be in the sweet spot and the board is usually pointed well.

Where's the dad photos?

bet she talks about that for weeks..

nice pics...
    '06 Supra Launch 20SSV-gone but never forgotten

thanks all for the nice comments and the addt'l tips.

trying to get Momma comfy with driving the boat so I can start doing more than just making the payments & filling it with gas.

That is the key! Glad the girls are getting some board time instead of bored time. We'll be sure to get you some solid board time in a few days.
    My Mom said I'm not allowed to get wet!
    2008 LSV (sold)
    2000 Outback LS (sold)
    LLTR!!!!!!!!

Sled491 Guest

Drew, she looks very comforatable on that board. Awsum just awsum! You guys are going to have a great this week, wish I was there!!

Awesome!

I am still working on finding a board for my daughter. I cant seem to decide on one, but like you, I do not want to invest a lot in a board and then have her decide she doesn't like surfing!
    -Mark
    2005 LSV
    Tow w/:
    Volkswagen Touareg V8
    Mods: Stereo, Stainless Cup Holders and Thru Hulls, Chrome Steering Wheel, EZ Nets, Moomba Etched Cleats

"Be more concerned with your character than your reputation, bc your character is what you really are, while your reputation is merely what others think you are."

-John Wooden