Default Guages/Black Box

I have a 2000 Kamberra and have recently started having problems with my speedo and Tach. They have become intermittent, actually more off than on. I was told the Black Box might be the problem. I understand that the Black Box manufacturer is covering these because there were lots of issues with them. Who can I contact to get a new box, it looks pretty easy to install so I would prefer to not have to go to the dealer for a 10 minute intall.

Thanks

Brian Raymond Guest

Default Gauges goofy

There were some issues with some of the M.D.C. units that year. Yes, the install is easy, yet ,you still have to go through your dealer. I suggest you notify your dealer of your issues, give them the barcoded number off of the box, and have them order one for you. Work out with the dealer to ship you the box when they receive it, and send them back yours. The dealer will need that number to verify it is under warranty, and remember, the work you do is not warrantable.Brian Raymond

Default Black box

It is very important befor replacing the box a new ground and battery are required to power the MDC. Cutting the wires under the dash that supply the MDC box and splice wire directly to the batter post. That will solve most of the problems and you may not need the box.