Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

The Clarion amplifier should be around 240 continuous watts per each of two speakers only in the bridged mode. That's plenty. An amplifier upgrade shouldn't be necassary unless a second pair is added.

David
    Earmark Marine

Quote Originally Posted by EarmarkMarine View Post
    The Clarion amplifier should be around 240 continuous watts per each of two speakers only in the bridged mode. That's plenty. An amplifier upgrade shouldn't be necassary unless a second pair is added.

David
    Earmark Marine

Good to know, thanks David. I was not familiar with that amp.

pretty sure it's 640 max.hey thats the amp i have for my four 6" cabin speakers,bought the clarion apx290m 360watt to power them four and i'm gonna put the bigger amp on the two exile's xm7's.momma says no more amp money so this will have to be good enough for a 47 year old wanna-be wake boarder.as long as i've some some decent sounding tunes i'll be ok and this should be fine.

Quote Originally Posted by mmwest View Post
    pretty sure it's 640 max.hey thats the amp i have for my four 6" cabin speakers,bought the clarion apx290m 360watt to power them four and i'm gonna put the bigger amp on the two exile's xm7's.momma says no more amp money so this will have to be good enough for a 47 year old wanna-be wake boarder.as long as i've some some decent sounding tunes i'll be ok and this should be fine.
    You will love the Exile XM-7s. I have 4 of them, and I actually have people wakeboarding that ask me to turn them down. They are SUPER-loud. I recommend the Wetsounds WS-420 equalizer to be able to turn down the cabins when you crank the tower speakers.

BTW, the Exiles look INCREDIBLE also.
    Best Regards,

Jason

2007 Moomba Mobius LSV Sandrock/Black
    EXILE Equipment
    4-XM-7 Tower Speakers
    6-XT-65 Cabin Speakers
    1-Big12 Subwoofer
    Amps--Xi 1500.1, Xi 800.4 and 2--S400.4

Jasons setup does BOTH look and sound amazing. If I was picking, it would be either Exiles or Wetsounds. I've never heard WS's but they have a great rep. It would be a coin toss for me and come down to $$$.
    '05 Supra 21V Launch

finally had the xm7's installed and you talk about sweeeet. hats off to brian over at exile a real stand up guy.. for anyone looking for tower speakers let me just say i am one of those dudes that wants to research the sh@@ out of everything and i did my fair share on these tower speakers.--with the patent swivel that holds the speaker(thats what sold me).but these puppies sound good and LOUD and CLEAR. you wont be disappointed w/these speakers! ; you can pay me later brian.

Quote Originally Posted by username View Post
    The exiles look nice, but I don't expect the headphone jacks inside the clamp to last more than a year. I've already heard of them shorting out inside the clamps.
    This would be the first I've heard of it. Got some links to this issue? Forgive my suspicion but this was your first post.

Username,
    We've carried the Exiles since inception of the XM7 and have yet to experience an issue with the jack. In fact, we've supplied several members on this forum with XM7s. I had an initial concern with this myself and inquired about it. Exile/Sampson claim to use a ProSound grade connector. This would be identical to those 1/4- inch jacks abused by roadies and musicians who constantly use and move equipment in a tough environment. So if there are any specific and legitimate cases that you are familiar with then please email me and I will pass it on. So far I've only heard of speculation from competitive companies. I would sincerely like to hear of any instances.

David
    Earmark Marine

thanks i was getting a little shook up. hey david thanks for steering me in the right direction on my amps.and getting the 7" hlcd's they work great.

I can get enough of my XM7s. I've never had a compaint about them not being loud enough
    2007 Mobius LS