Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Default which tower spkrs.

I hope someone can help here.I've been researching tower spkrs. for a month now and am still messed up.looks,sound,quality and easy to remove when traveling and laying tower down to store boat.Here's my debate bullet hollowpoint 770 to me look the best (chrome).wet sounds for name alone ,what about exile? are these the only ones that can be easalliy removed. their all around $1000.0 --- hlcd"S which is what i've been reading on these forums is the way to go ,i just want to make the right choice for close to $1000.0.Any help would be appreaciated

You can't go wrong with Bullet, Exile (they do have some great innovation), or Wetsounds. However, I still think Wetsounds speaker cans are just too big and look a little dated. I do recommend the Wetsounds WS420 EQ when you do get your system...it's a must. I personally have the chrome Bullet HP 770's

do the bullets disconnect easy==as far as towing and storage.to me they look the best.another ques.;how are those bullet 6.5 coax for the cabin.

They can disconnect fairly easily but if you want total ease of removing a tower speaker I don't anyone can touch Exile. The Bullet cabin speakers are phenomenal, couldn't be happier. They can put out alot of bass actually.

I can have my 4 Exile XM7s off the tower in maybe 2-3 minutes, it's almost too easy. Oh yeah, they look and sound pretty badass too.
    2007 Mobius LS

MMwest -

You cant go wrong with any of the brands you mentioned. So fear not, you wont be wasting your money. One thing you should consider when shopping for a tower setup is, what type of performance do you want out of it. simply said, do you spend more time wakeboarding? Or do you do more surfing... within the Exile line you have a few choices

XM7 - our HLCD speaker will throw lots of sound out at distance. It spins on the fly so you can put sound virtually anywhere you desire. The speakers come with sox so when you take them off the boat you have something to store them in. The clamp is patented,

SXT65 - is our surf speaker. It shares the same pod as the XM7 but is built with a traditional driver that will outshine the HLCD sound quality wise, but will fall short for the wakeboarder crowd. If surfing is your thing you cant go wrong with this speaker. Best part is, that its less expensive than its big brother so you can put two pair on your tower for 1G and stay within your budget.

Hybrid setups - I've had a lot of guys asking about mixing and matching XM7's with the SXT65. And yes, this can be done. I think it will become the popular setup in the future because you can blend the sound amazingly well for all rider positions.

If you need any info on our gear, shoot me an email to [email protected] and maybe we can steer you to a retailer in your hometown for an audition.

Hope this info helps,

-Brian
    Exile audio

I always recommend that you stay with identical tower speakers since dis-similar speakes do not sum efficiently. After doubling the power and doubling the investment, when you combine a conventional speaker with an HLCD (which has more output and a decidedly different response curve) you're left with only the output of the loudest speaker (perhaps just one dB additional output based on a six dB inherent difference of the two).
    If you try to gain balance the two with separate amplification, then you're either bridling the dominant set or overdriving the weaker set. Keep in mind that a 6dB gain difference constitutes four times the required power.
    This would also hold true for similar speaker types but of different sizes.
    There are exceptions. If your objective is to aim the outside speakers outside of the wake for a much wider dispersion pattern then these two sets are not going to sum their outputs down the center axis anyway. But I still recommend identical types.

David
    Earmark Marine

Most speakers, including the HollowPoints, will remove with a quick-disconnect and two allen screws per speaker. When it comes to conveniece, nothing can touch the Exile as it swivels and quickly removes/reinstalls. Also, Exile has a matching in-boat coaxial to keep the identical cosmetics throughout.
    The reasons to consider a 770 HollowPoint is the larger midbass driver, compact dimensions including low hang height and custom billet collars that are machined for each individual tower diameter. Its more of a custom and streamlined look. But not necessarily designed for constant removal and reinstallation.
    While different offerings, and you'll have to prioritize which benefits suit you best, all of these HLCD offerings represent great products.

David
    Earmark Marine

thanks for all the feedback guys----.decided on the exile xm7 and the amp pushing them i already have is a clarion apx 480m ;i think it puts out 640 watts .so i think i'll be ok. thanks again

Quote Originally Posted by mmwest View Post
    thanks for all the feedback guys----.decided on the exile xm7 and the amp pushing them i already have is a clarion apx 480m ;i think it puts out 640 watts .so i think i'll be ok. thanks again
    Great decision, you won't be dissapointed! Check with Brian on using the clarion to power the XM7s. I think you might want to smack them with a little more power to reach their full potentional. Is the clarion 640 watts max?