Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quote Originally Posted by mnpracing View Post
    Razzman, so what does a person do if you want to run a larger diameter prop? Wouldn't shimming work as long as you maintained the same distance between bunks (if the lift is too drastic you may need to replace the boards and drill the new boards slightly offset from the original to get the same spacing)?

If shimming would work (let's say I just need 3/4" to 1"), what would you use as shims?
    First question is what is the prop diameter? What is your current diameter?

I wouldn't shim more than 3/4" and if i was to i'd use synthetic material similar to HDPE or Trex deck material the same size as the bracket, i sure wouldn't use washers or such as that will only increase the pressure points and cause bowing of the bunk boards.
    2007 Mobius LSV

Here you go...

Maybe this will help

'05 Supra 21V Launch

And there's your answer in black & white 3/8" HDPE will work for the task.
    2007 Mobius LSV

SSsmith: Please post where I can get that Supra Shim Kit?!?!

Put it this way, my dealer has never seen a trailer like mine with NO CLEARANCE, brand new from boatmate made for my Centurion. Yes my prop will touch the trailer by maybe 1mm unless I crank the bow stop as tight as I can. If I left it snug but not cranked, my prop can touch. I need a shim kit.

Will do this Fall when it's slow and leave the boat at the dock (opposite the ramp side) while I re-shim in the parking lot. Might re-carpet while there too.

THX. Great thread

Sailing, did you ever get ahold of your shim kit? If so, did you order it from Boatmate or where? Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by sailing217 View Post
    SSsmith: Please post where I can get that Supra Shim Kit?!?!
    Sorry for the late reply.

I got the kit from Jerry at Boatmate. You can email him: [email protected]

Ask him for the shim kit and include your trailer serial number and your address in the email. He should take care of the rest.

Good luck.
    '05 Supra 21V Launch