Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default G3 Center Ballast In Rear Locker

Has anyone put the G3 1180 lbs playpen sac into the rear ski locker? How does it fit? I don't think it will fill completely but was wondering if it works at all. Being as long as it is, I am also wondering how much pressure it puts on the crossbar that goes across the back seats.

I plan on trying this next time I am out but was hoping someone else had tried it.
    2016 Moomba Mojo
    2006 Supra 24SSV - Traded

Why not use an Enzo sac, it's shaped better for that compartment. I have the 1180 center sac and I don't think i would fill as much as the 1100 sacs. I've only had my 1100's for 3 weeks now and I fill mine to the point where water is coming out the vent line.

I am not buying one. I already have 750's in the rear. I know someone trying to get rid of the 1180 sac and wanting the 750. I was considering trading if i knew it fit very well or would fill say 1000.

I wish i had just bought the 1100 sac.
    2016 Moomba Mojo

Quote Originally Posted by KG's Supra24 View Post
    I am not buying one. I already have 750's in the rear. I know someone trying to get rid of the 1180 sac and wanting the 750. I was considering trading if i knew it fit very well or would fill say 1000.

I wish i had just bought the 1100 sac.
    Would they be willing to let you try the 1180? The 1180 is a huge sac but more so in its length

I'll prob just pull mine out of the front and try it back there. I was just posting up to see if anyone else has tried it. I measured it out and it didnt look good. You are right, it is longer rather than taller and wider. Kind of a bummer but worth a shot as long as it doesnt push on that brace running across the back seat.

Is there room on top of your 1100 for another sac or does the 1100 fill up that compartment? Right now i am using the 750 and 2 400's that i fill up as much as i can. I try to get that ski locker as full as possible. Wish i just had the 1100 now though so i didnt have to use the extra pump.
    2016 Moomba Mojo

I'll prob just pull mine out of the front and try it back there. I was just posting up to see if anyone else has tried it. I measured it out and it didnt look good. You are right, it is longer rather than taller and wider. Kind of a bummer but worth a shot as long as it doesnt push on that brace running across the back seat.

Is there room on top of your 1100 for another sac or does the 1100 fill up that compartment? Right now i am using the 750 and 2 400's that i fill up as much as i can. I try to get that ski locker as full as possible. Wish i just had the 1100 now though so i didnt have to use the extra pump.
    The 1100's fill up everything in that compartment. Almost like a stripper coming out of a birthday cake when you open up that hatch when it's full. You'd be lucky to one life jacket in there...if that. It doesn't push the hatch up but my 1180 does push up the middle cushion of the playpen when completely filled.

Interesting .. sure wish I had the 1100. Oh well I'll work with what I have for now.

Do you run 1100 in the rear and 1180 full in the front to surf?
    2016 Moomba Mojo

It only takes about 15 min to fill one 1100's. I have the stock Rule pump but switched out the stock valves with the Irritrol 700's which definately cut the fill time by a longshot. I also use my Tsunami 1200 external pump when we switch surf sides. With the right connections you can use the pump to drain one 1100 and connect the hose to the 1100 you want to fill. Takes about 7 min to drain/fill. I actually think that using the extenal pump is the best way to go than trying all these fancy custom ballast systems that only decrease fill time by a couple minutes. Plus, everyone is wanting faster fill times but you never see anyone trying to drain faster. What's the point in filling faster if you have to wait on your stock drain pump to empty (as in surfing applications).

Interesting .. sure wish I had the 1100. Oh well I'll work with what I have for now.

Do you run 1100 in the rear and 1180 full in the front to surf?
    You're gonna laugh at me now. Keep in mind I usually run with a small crew, usually only 3-4 in the boat...5 on a crowded day on my boat. If I have a normal 3-4 crew I fill one 1100 surfside, 1180 in the center, 400 bow sac, and 400 sac on the floor or seat surfside. That's about 3000lbs. I'm still playing with it as I've only had the capability to run 3000lbs for the last week (just got the two 400lb sacs early this week). I ordered the Perfect Pass Stargazer so my speed will be more accurate. It's tough with an inexperienced driver for me to surf. Going to get 400lbs of steel shot bags to possibly eliminate the need for the 400lb sac on the floor/seat.

Thats a pretty good idea. I use a tsunami for the 400's. Hadnt thought about your idea on switching surfside. We have only done it once though.

I see all the threads about upgrading ballast but it hasnt really been an issue for me so far. We arent usually waiting on it by the time we get the board out and all that. We arent in a hurry to often Plus you can fill as you are going to the "spot"

You ever tried filling both 1100's to see if you could get a surf on both sides? Crossed my mind last time i was out but wasnt sure if it was possible or not.
    2016 Moomba Mojo