Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

That sounds like a work around though.....I would like to have it work like it's supposed to per the manual. I may need a new usb cable. Mine is a little worn.

Good luck with that and let us know how it worked out. I'm definitely interested in every alternative.

David
    Earmark Marine

I'd be interested in how to setup the flash drive if anyone has gotten that to work.

Thanks!
    Kraig - 2010 Outback V

The USB port can only charge the Ipod. It sucks that you have to use two cables to charge the Ipod and listen to it through the radio. Wish they would have spent a little more money and installed the actuall MB Quart Ipod dock.

Ok, I installed the MBQ-IPOD-HAR-13 cable last night for my IPOD. I can now control it through the stereo. The problem is where to put the cable. I too wish they would have just upgraded and put a docking station in the glove box with the USB port. I hate to drill any holes to run the cable through the glovebox. Maybe I can find a fitting of some sort if I have to drill a hole.
    The sound quality of the IPOD cable is much better than the AUX input as well. Summer is over and buying a new boat at the end of the season is tough.

Quote Originally Posted by 89PROSTAR View Post
    Ok, I installed the MBQ-IPOD-HAR-13 cable last night for my IPOD. I can now control it through the stereo.
    What flavor iPod do you have? I had no luck with my iPod 3G (yea, she's old) and MBQ-IPOD-HAR cable.

I have a 8G nano video. I think it's about 3 yrs old. I plugged it in and worked great. I then ran the cable where I wanted it and it gave me fits. Bad connection or something. It would read it then give an error msg. It would then display the track but not the artist. I pulled the cable and hooked it back up and worked fine. It might have been pinched...The connection at the hard drive seems a little loose. Maybe it's a problem there. Tonight I'm going to shake and bend the cable a few times and see if the cable is faulty. It seems to work though (for the most part).

Quote Originally Posted by 89PROSTAR View Post
    I have a 8G nano video.
    Thanks! I need to try my 3G again and the wifey has an older non-video Nano that I've yet to try. I need those song controls from the swim platform remote!

I drilled a whole in the glove box and used a rubber grommet to make the whole look better. It works great having the iPod in the glove box.

That's what I was thinking but not sure I can drill a hole in the new boat just yet. Yikes, she's so perfect right now. Maybe when she's a little more used. Like at 10 hrs..... Not 5!