Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

I discovered how to configure a flash drive so they can be used in the USB slot. Off of the root of the drive create a folder named Music. Drag and drop the mp3 files into the new folder.

It has been working for me intermittently, the flash drive I had been using are the typical sized ones, but they seem too long for a good connection as they move a bit as the boat gets bounced around and the music cuts off.

I ordered some mini sized USB flash drives that I tinkered with yesterday, worked great in the driveway. This weekend they will get put to the test on the water.
    Kraig - 2010 Outback V

Quote Originally Posted by KSmith View Post
    I discovered how to configure a flash drive so they can be used in the USB slot. Off of the root of the drive create a folder named Music. Drag and drop the mp3 files into the new folder.

It has been working for me intermittently, the flash drive I had been using are the typical sized ones, but they seem too long for a good connection as they move a bit as the boat gets bounced around and the music cuts off.

I ordered some mini sized USB flash drives that I tinkered with yesterday, worked great in the driveway. This weekend they will get put to the test on the water.
    Do you still get the artist/song title this way?

I did the Artist\Album\mp3 song folder stucture layout.

Quote Originally Posted by mcdye View Post
    Do you still get the artist/song title this way?

I did the Artist\Album\mp3 song folder stucture layout.
    Did that work? I'll have to try that format. To answer your question, no, it will display the file name that it is playing.

Thanks for the tip.
    Kraig - 2010 Outback V

The Ipod really is the way to go in my opinon. I haven't tried the flash drive yet. I did manage to fish the Ipod cable through the hole behind the head unit. I left about 2ft out to connect the Ipod. I also hooked up a 8" bazooka tube that I had from my old boat. It's amazing how good those really do sound when you hook them up under the bow.

Preaching to the choir. I think my 10" tube sounds great wedged up under there.
    My Mom said I'm not allowed to get wet!
    2008 LSV (sold)
    2000 Outback LS (sold)
    LLTR!!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by KSmith View Post
    Did that work? I'll have to try that format. To answer your question, no, it will display the file name that it is playing.

Thanks for the tip.
    yes i get the artist and song.

What got me on the flash drive is that with my mp3 player (sansa) I used the 3.5 jack. I have a huge drop with volume due to it. I dont have ipod to test if there is a signal loss thru the 3.5 jack.

I noticed a huge drop in volume and sound quality with the 3.5 jack and my Ipod.

where did you find the ipod cable.i need to get one for mine.

I didn't think there was any issues using the usb. I have been using a 2gb and under flash drive formatted as fat32 and ntfs and they all run perfectly fine, no issues. It says in the manual it supports up to 2gb drives so I didn't try anything larger.

Im usually in a hurry and jus throw the music on there in any folders I want or just in the root directory and it always works.