Default Testing 2007 Mobius LSV

I was testing a 2007 Mobius LSV a couple of days ago and it seemed to have a great hole shot, but the top end speed was only 34mph. According to everything I have read that seems slow.

The prop was a 13.5x17.5.

I want to purchase the boat, but I feel that somthing is wrong with it.

I would appreciate you advice.

Quote Originally Posted by Jeffro View Post
    I was testing a 2007 Mobius LSV a couple of days ago and it seemed to have a great hole shot, but the top end speed was only 34mph. According to everything I have read that seems slow.

The prop was a 13.5x17.5.

I want to purchase the boat, but I feel that somthing is wrong with it.

I would appreciate you advice.
    That boat with that prop should do 40mph. What altitude were you at and what rpm was it at when doing 34? Also, you should bring a portable gps to confirm that the speedometer is calibrated. There is a knob under the dash that adjusts the speedo so someone could have been messing with that knob not knowing what it does and the speedo would be out of calibration.
    Last edited by cab13367; 06-19-2010 at 01:03 AM.
    Al

2006 Mobius LSV

Payson , Arizona/Arvada , Colorado/Montana

What elevation are you boating at? Also if the boat has a wake plate on it if it is down all the way it will keep it at a lower speed. I don't think I had my 05 lsv past 40 mph.
    Jim.
    05 Mobius lsv , ballast system , stereo, etc..

Ok guys i have been breaking my boat in and am complete now, my topspeed on the water is only around 39mph. 3500ft above sea level, 12X12 3 blade prop and mine is d.d. i dont get it. when i am barefootin i dont want to pin it. whats up with that?
    sorry to steel the thread just thought while we were on the topic?

It's about 1,000' elevation. Well it turns out it was the Cruse Control.

My LSV only tops out around 37 or 38 with the wake plate all the way down, a crew of peeps. I never really run it wide open, no need to, so I don't care what the top end is. As long is it will do 25 then I'm happy.