Hybrid View

Default Biggest amp size in LSV in stock location

Right now we have the stock 700.5 kicker and 250.2 kicker in the stock location under the front seat.

I want to replace the 250.2 with something bigger but not sure on what you guys have been able to fit in there with little to no modifications. I wish I could make a nice custom amp rack but don't have the time to be tinkering on the weekends when I rather be spending it on the water, so just looking for something that can fit in the space easily.

What have you guys fit in that spot? I am looking at anoter kicker (350.4) or larger, aiming for 200 watt RMS + per channel.

loud,

Why don't you measure the area where you want to mount the amp to see how much room you have? Then go to sonicelectronix or kicker's website as they have the dimensions of all the amps posted.

Al
    Al

2006 Mobius LSV

I'm sure you could find a good class D amp but at a price. Class D would be small and more efficient.

Quote Originally Posted by cab13367 View Post
    loud,

Why don't you measure the area where you want to mount the amp to see how much room you have? Then go to sonicelectronix or kicker's website as they have the dimensions of all the amps posted.

Al
    I'm gonna do that, but I wont see the boat untill the weekend so I thought I would get a head start, maybe even find out some other interesting ways to mount the amps from other users.

thanks

Class D can be a good solution where space is an issue. The Kicker IX amplifiers are full-range Class D amps that are running between 88 and 92 percent efficiency. You pay more for the technology, but you get what you pay for. Rigt now we have a 4-channel amp and some sub amps in our full-range Class D lineup. The IX500.4 will deliver 250 watts per side into a pair of 4-ohm loads, so you might look into that. Otherwise, I think you could still get a ZX450.2 or ZXM450.2 in there. Either of those stereo amps will deliver
    150 watts per side into a pair of 4-ohm loads.

the IX500.4 has dimensions of 2.1875 x 7.875 x 9.375
    the ZXM450.2 has dimensions of 2.125 x 9.625 x 16.75

Phil
    Kicker

the 450.2 amp is about the same size as the 700.5 and will produce the following.

4 ohms: 150 watts x 2 chan.
    2 ohms: 225 watts x 2 chan.
    Bridged, 4 ohms: 450 watts x 1 chan.

it really cranks.
    A Day at the Lake...Priceless
    A Day in Powder...Endless

Joe V
    2012 Möbius XLV~ Loaded & Exiled
    2007 Outback V ~ sold

thanks

might have an issue with the 450.2 if its the same size as the 700.5