Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default Best bang for your buck amp

what are some brands of good quality amps that don't come with te pricetag?

i have used everything from zapco and xtant to audiovox and jensen in the past. I need to get a new amp for my tower speakers and have been looking around.

What are some good brands out there today? I want an amp that will deliver its rated rms wattage, but don't want the price tag. Also want something reliable that won't break in 3 months.

Am I asking too much or are they still some good companies left in this category?

I would look at the sites that Viking listed in your other post and just check out the reviews from other users.

Tons of knowledge available out there. Fosgate makes a quality amp that I have used in the past. I have seen some great deals on them in the past 6 months as I have had my eye on a 4 channel as well.
    Last edited by WaterBullDawg1980; 06-14-2010 at 08:59 PM.
    -Mark
    2005 LSV
    Tow w/:
    Volkswagen Touareg V8
    Mods: Stereo, Stainless Cup Holders and Thru Hulls, Chrome Steering Wheel, EZ Nets, Moomba Etched Cleats

"Be more concerned with your character than your reputation, bc your character is what you really are, while your reputation is merely what others think you are."

-John Wooden

most of the reviews are helpful, but then you get reviews from 16 year old kids with response like "my car pumps with dez subs" etc

its nice to hear feedback from individuals with a little more insight

JL Audio amps are cheap on ebay...just gotta know that you don't get a warranty. I went with an authorized JL Audio dealer for my 3 amps

JL Audio or Fosgate.
    2023 Moomba Mojo
    2013 Malibu VLX 21 - SOLD
    2005 Moomba XLV - SOLD
    2001 Supra - SOLD
    1998 Master Craft - SOLD

Definitely consider Kicker.
    Al

2006 Mobius LSV

jl and kicker on ebay
    A Day at the Lake...Priceless
    A Day in Powder...Endless

Joe V
    2012 Möbius XLV~ Loaded & Exiled
    2007 Outback V ~ sold

I vote Kicker for sure! Both of my amps are Kicker, and at the first sign of an issue (after 3 years of HEAVY use - IE: almost 250 hours!) I posted on here and Phil contacted me directly to arrange for a speedy repair. I'm super happy with the customer service from them!

I bought both of my amps on eBay from HiFiSound something or another, and I believe they were both remanufactured.
    2013 Outback V

I just replace my alpine pdx 100.4 with a Kicker zx450.2 and the alpine had better sound quality, but want the Kicker is stable at 2 ohms in stereo and the alpine wasnt. About the same price.

I'm currently running the kicker 750.5 for the cabins and a 10" L5 and a 650.4 for the 6500.2 towers. I absolutely love this setup.
    -Mark
    14 Mojo - 72 hours and growing
    02 Mobius LSV ---- Sold and always will be remembered as the one that started it all.

"Hey you only live once"