Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

another golden oldie that isn't what it used to be..

had a hifonice pluto and mercury, both series VII in my first truck as a soundsystem. the pluto was pushing a set of kicker truck boxes, 6" compression horn driver, 8" sub and 10" passive radiator. system rocked... eventually swapped the truck boxes for a custom box with 3 kicker 8" competition series subs(late 80's versions) that absolutely pounded...

the one amp I was always intrigued with and never ended up owning any was ADS. they had some killer small-wattage high current 6ch amps..
    also always wanted a set of waveguides. never owned them tho. not too many hlcd drivers in the car audio arena, but they cleaned house on the iasca circuit for a couple of years..
    Last edited by sandm; 06-17-2010 at 04:44 PM.
    '06 Supra Launch 20SSV-gone but never forgotten

wow Ive been out of the loop for awhile, need to catch up, thanks for the feedback fellas

Who here has heard of or used Celestion. I have an old AD12 sub and recently got the ported enclosure specs for it and the box needs to be HUGE. I think the company is headquartered in England. They used to make a ton of stuff for Big Outdoor concerts if I remember right?

Sorry for the off topic issue Loudsubz. Maybe we could take this off on another thread?

2007 Moomba Outback - going, going, GONE
    2015 "NOT A MOOMBA"

Why Not? Play Hard! Get wet

Yes, I know Celestion. If you want to start another thread about ancient home Hi Fi it would be a riot. I can give you some items to search that you will really find interesting. In fact its getting hard to find really good but affordable home speakers among the home theater offerings today. Most people today have missed out on the incredible sound of two channel audio and haven't experienced what true Hi Fi sounded like.

I recently searched for a power supply for my old Thorens turntable and discovered that the comparable model today would cost well over 2K.

David
    Earmark Marine

I restored a pair of my dads original Acoustic Research Ar-3a from 1969 Also has his Yamaha CA-1010 amplifier from the mid 70's powering them.

Vintage rocks.

Loud,
    Yeah, that's what I'm talkin' bout.

David
    Earmark Marine

dad has an old technics analog stereo receiver, a bic turntable, a high end cassette player that I don't remember the name of and some 70's era polk audio monitor 10b's. amazing how well that stuff holds up, and he's still using it in the family room..
    I don't profess to know much about home audio, although I do remember celestion. car audio was more my bag..

do have to say the biggest WOW factor from back in the day was the nakamichi dragon cassette deck.. I remember the first glimpse of that monster.. WOW WOW WOW.
    '06 Supra Launch 20SSV-gone but never forgotten