Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Loudsubz,

Start with the JL Audio J2 amplifiers. Lots of honest power, low cost and a two year warranty provided you buy from an authorized dealer.
    Next, look at the JL Audio G series as they're an exceptional sounding Class AB amplifier with a bulletproof protection circuit and two year warranty (authorized dealers only). Since they're in a model transition expect a 20 to 25 percent discount from legit dealers.
    Btw, before summer is over JL will have highly effecient Class D XD series in 1, 2, 4, 5, & 6 channel models. Surprisingly inexpensive for a premium Class D,
    good 2-ohm stability and awesome sound quality.

David
    Earmark Marine

jl is nice stuff and earmark knows their business..

I shopped kicker and fosgate for my upgrades.
    ended up buying 3 fosgate punch series off ebay. I know that there's no warranty, but I have not had any issues buying electronics this way, just be sure you research the sellers first and only buy new/unopened.

I have around 20 hrs on these and they far exceed my expectations.. 400.4 for the incabins, 500.1bd(supposed to be class d) for the sub and a 500.2 for the hlcd towers..

good luck and just browse around. lots of upgrade threads and all are using top quality equipment..
    '06 Supra Launch 20SSV-gone but never forgotten

thanks guys

this site is better than some of the dedicated ones I go to for audio advice

Best bang for the buck on a budget is Kicker all the way. I've been running two amps, a ZX700.5 & ZX650.4 going on the second season now with no issues. 100 degree temps don't faze them either, can't say that for many others in that category for sure.
    2007 Mobius LSV

what about PPI Sedona Series?

They have this one for a good price and it seems to have good RMS figures for its price

http://www.sonicelectronix.com/item_...PI+S580.4.html

precision power, like so many high end car audio companies from the late 80's-early 90's used to make some real nice high end stuff, but anymore, it's outsourced overseas products. it's really too bad that this is the way of the world. I used to drool over owning an Orion HCCA4100 or a PPI PRO-MOS425, the mac-daddys of the 4ch car amp world, but I digress....

ppi makes some good stuff. I'm sure that you will be more than happy with that amp and it will power your system, however you asked on here and it seems that the large populus is using either kicker or jl. I went out on a limb and used fosgate, but that seems to be somewhat popular on wakeworld. personally, go with what's been tried and true. you might pay a little more for a comparable kicker or jl amp, but there are many on here that will tell you they work and work well..

my .02

Its interesting that Precision Power came up. PPI amps are now just another DEI import and the same platform as other DEI amp brands. You may know DEI as Viper car alarms.
    Jeff Scoon, now VP of JL Audio Electronics, and Bruce MacMillan, now head electronics engineer at JL, where part of the original cast responsible for the
    original and great PPI amps. Then they moved to Xtant to design another highly regarded line of amps.
    You could say that the JL amps are the evolution of the early PPI.

David
    Earmark Marine

DEI is Directed Electronics Incorporated right?
    They were the bomb there for awhile and really had a corner on the remote/alarm market. Anymore you don't hear much of them probably due to your comments SandM.

2007 Moomba Outback - going, going, GONE
    2015 "NOT A MOOMBA"

Why Not? Play Hard! Get wet

great info david.
    xtant was another great company that made some killer products in the past, but sure don't hear much about them. seems like everyone wants tons of clean power for no money(myself included), and that has driven all the american made "overbuilt" amp lines either out or just the spl circuit.

I'm sure that david, phil from kicker and brian from exile could entertain some of us "younger" peeps that grew up with the late 80's companies that pushed mobile audio into what it is today and how many are now either defunct or importing offshore mass-produced stuff...

lanzar
    phoenix gold
    orion
    ppi
    linear power
    autotek

and the list goes on....

what about Hi-Fonics?

2007 Moomba Outback - going, going, GONE
    2015 "NOT A MOOMBA"

Why Not? Play Hard! Get wet