Default What is the best way to mount bouys for a course?

There is already a course on our lake, but half of the bouys are jacked, or are old laundry soap jugs. I found a set of used bouys on eBay and snagged them up cheap, so I figured I'll go through and replace all the bouys.

I've tried to find the owner, but never see anyone skiing it or milling around - I'd definately like to have 'permission' to make the improvement, but that is pretty hard since I don't know the owner.

I contacted the DNR, and they were able to confirm that the course is permitted and legal, but they can't divulge the name/contact info of the person who was granted the permit.

So I ask - what is the best way to mount the bouys to the course? The course is very primative - its made of cinder-blocks and chain.

I'm thinking I'll get a roll of bungee cord stuff and run that down to the chain or block and tie it off - ideas?
    2013 Outback V

The curator of the local course uses (and asks me to use) strips of rubber that come from bicycle tire intertubes. They are cheap, easy to find, and can be cut to length. Good luck.
    1997 MasterCraft 205

2008 Moomba Outback
    1999 MasterCraft Sportstar OB
    1992 MasterCraft 205
    1999 Malibu Response LX
    1987 Marlin Magnum Skier

Ahh thats a really good idea! I ended up getting 100' of stretchy rope, and our course already has bungees that attach to the bottom cinder blocks, so I am going to zip tie everything togather. I'll let ya know how it goes.
    2013 Outback V