Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: New Prop?

Question New Prop?

We tore up our prop this weekend and need to replace it. Which prop should I buy if the majority of the time we surf behind our 06 LSV?
    Last edited by wbarksda; 06-14-2010 at 12:22 PM.

How much ballast and how many people most of the time? Do you do anything else? What? Do you need top end for any kind of distance (for example, I run 10 miles up river just about every time out)?
    My Mom said I'm not allowed to get wet!
    2008 LSV (sold)
    2000 Outback LS (sold)
    LLTR!!!!!!!!

We usulally run a 750 in the surf side but do wakeboard with them both full at times. We also have the center factory ballast which I think is 350. We usually go about 20 minutes from the dock on a normal day but not too worried about top speed. If I am just messing around and cruising we always empty the ballast. The only time our ballast are full is when we surf and board.
    Last edited by wbarksda; 06-14-2010 at 11:13 AM.

If you don't run a super heavy load, I think Daze, Cab and I all agree that the 13.5 x 16 is the best all around.

Here was one of my comments from after the prop testing weekend:

4. If I could choose a prop I'd take the 13.5 x 16 for the same reasons Moombadaze and Cab like that prop. It will run 5000 RPM at the top end and push the boat just as fast as the 13.7 x 17 one (which only goes to about 4700 RPM). It gave improved holeshot over that one though. I don't run much ballast so the holeshot was absolutely fine for me and I'd like to keep the top end b/c I run 10 miles up river every time I go out. The prop also threw a nice clean surf wake.

Here was the thread from our testing efforts:

https://forum.moomba.com/showthread.php?t=10991
    2008 LSV (sold)
    2000 Outback LS (sold)
    LLTR!!!!!!!!

numbers from the box

Acme item #1161

13.5 x 16VL4B .135 cup

bore size 1.125
    Hey, Its Moomba time

Its all about the dash - enjoy the dash, as that is your time between the dates
    13 Mobius LSV-sold
    08 Mobius LSV-sold
    03 Mobius LSV-sold
    life is about finding the balance between being a responsible adult and staying young at heart

Thanks guys!

Jim at ACME convinced me to go with the Acme # 1847 - 14.00 X 14.25 VL4B 1.125"Bore .150Cup so that is what I did. If I'm not happy with it I can return it within 30 days. Again, thanks for the help.

Quote Originally Posted by wbarksda View Post
    Jim at ACME convinced me to go with the Acme # 1847 - 14.00 X 14.25 VL4B 1.125"Bore .150Cup so that is what I did. If I'm not happy with it I can return it within 30 days. Again, thanks for the help.
    If you run with both 750's full and the 400 in the ski locker full for wakeboarding and you have 5 or 6 people on board, then I think you did the right thing going with the 14x14. I only run 1300#'s for wakeboarding so for that amount of ballast, the 13.5x16 is more than sufficient plus I didn't lose anything on the top end over the stock prop. I think you will be amazed at the holeshot you get with that prop.
    Al

2006 Mobius LSV

Yup. I hope he asked you how much ballast you run. I found the lower pitch props didn't throw as clean of a surf wake but the hole shot is incredible.
    2008 LSV (sold)
    2000 Outback LS (sold)
    LLTR!!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by kaneboats View Post
    Yup. I hope he asked you how much ballast you run. I found the lower pitch props didn't throw as clean of a surf wake but the hole shot is incredible.
    Yes, he asked me how much weight and he said that is what I needed. If it doesn't throw a clean surf wake then it will be heading back to Acme within thirty days. Also, the 14x14 was a little over a hundred bucks cheaper but the real reason I got it was Jim.
    Last edited by wbarksda; 06-15-2010 at 10:03 AM.