Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Axis A22

Quote Originally Posted by viking View Post
    Where did they come from? Is it like the Moomba line for SC but for another manufacturer? Did i see someone said Malibu??

Thanks! I've seen them but don't know much about them?

Yes, Malibu is the parent company. I think it is kind of like Supra to Moomba from Skiers Choice.
    2023 Moomba Mojo
    2013 Malibu VLX 21 - SOLD
    2005 Moomba XLV - SOLD
    2001 Supra - SOLD
    1998 Master Craft - SOLD

Wait till the A20 comes out next year along with the new tige 20v, the outback will really be getting some comp.

I'm waiting to buy untill these all come out in 2011, the A20 could end up being the best 20' out there, but the tige is rumored to have a pickle for also. I'm hoping the do a "murdered out" aka all black vandall edition, with some awesome ballast.

I thing the outback v is great it could just use a new tower design, bad...

Oh capitalism how we love the competitive spirt of American boat building.

I feel pretty strongly that the A-22 will be my next boat. I wasn't to impressed with pictures, but it is a hell of a boat in person.
    Best Regards,

Jason

2007 Moomba Mobius LSV Sandrock/Black
    EXILE Equipment
    4-XM-7 Tower Speakers
    6-XT-65 Cabin Speakers
    1-Big12 Subwoofer
    Amps--Xi 1500.1, Xi 800.4 and 2--S400.4

I don't care for the look of the axis on the inside, more specifically, I want all the junk under the seats hidden. the open netting looks like a cheap pontoon boat.

I wonder if the shift to smaller boats like the 20ft outback v is going to be a trend?
    '06 Supra Launch 20SSV-gone but never forgotten

Quote Originally Posted by sandm View Post
    I don't care for the look of the axis on the inside, more specifically, I want all the junk under the seats hidden. the open netting looks like a cheap pontoon boat.

I wonder if the shift to smaller boats like the 20ft outback v is going to be a trend?
    I wasn't impressed either when i saw it at the show. It's like they forgot to finish the boat. I don't care for the the windshield either without sides. The tower is just plain ugly imo and the interior looks cheap to me, especially the MTX audio stuff. But that's how Malibu gets the boat down in price and for some it's fine i guess, until you add the options that is. $55,000 at the show and that's no bargain and definately not for me.

The 20' boat market has always been sparse, i think their just beefing it up is all since some lakes won't allow anything over 20'.
    2007 Mobius LSV

I have posted before about this boat. Personally, I love the Axis. As an architect, I value function over form, and I think this boat was designed with function as the first priority. It is designed to throw your crap into, hit it hard all day and then leave it. Not to gingerly tiptoe around on the upholstery and spending hours cleaning it at the end of the day. An engineer friend and I crawled all over it at the boat show this spring and we agreed that it is the most well designed pure wakeboat out there, if creature comforts are not your priority. There is no stupid TV screen in the dash, the wedge is a floating manual design (i.e. no power wedge to malfunction), storage comparments that let your gear dry out some after you throw them under the seat, snap in carpets that you can take out and powerwash (or just leave them out), and a bunch of ballast for a sick wake.

This also appeals to me because I don't "booze cruise." I go to the lake either early in the morning or late in the afternoon, preferably on weekdays, because I am there to ride, not socialize. I average about 80 hours on my boat per year. Most folks spend the majority of their time hanging out on their boats talking and drinking and what not, and these folks want the plush upholstery and the thick carpet. If I were them, I think I would save half my money and buy a pontoon boat instead. I know folks that have brand new Wakesetters and Super Airs, but they hardly EVER ride behind it. What a waste.

Anyway, as much as I love the Axis, it is still 5 to 10 thousand dollars more than a Mobius LSV, and I don't need a pro level wake. Plus I am still loyal to Skier's Choice, and as much as I think function should be the priority, I think the looks of the Axis could benefit from the same function based design that the rest of the boat has benefitted from. Besides, with Moomba, we get alot of function and a lot of the plush stuff, both for less money. What a deal!

I didn't like the shiny paint jobs but saw a Vandall edition that was white/grey and all the black was matte. No shiny paint made it look rugged and down to business. Like others said it's supposed to be no-frills. It's the only Axis I really would consider and I would put in on my short list. BUT when you have a very nice boat with no payment...just kicking the tires.