Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Axis A22

Default Axis A22

How new is this boat? Anybody here have one? They seem really nice but haven't found anything on price range, etc.

Don't get me wrong, I love my Moomba - I just heard about the A22 and the pictures/videos seem like a great boat with many options.

Seems like a lotta bang for the buck. I checked them out a few weeks ago at a dealer and was amazed. I was unsure based on the pics but after personally seeing them....WOW!

The base model is around $40-$42k and the top of the line Vandall is around $50k.
    '05 Supra 21V Launch

Only $40k?? Dang. I might have to check this out. This boat seems really, really nice!

I was at my local dealer the other day and a 2010 Outback V is at $39k. Again I don't know too much about the Axis and I would have to see it in person, but if I had a choice between the Outback V and the A22...A22 wins hands down.

Then again, this is me coming from my 02' Outback LS.

They are nice and made by Malibu. I'm not sure what the MSRP's are but that's what I was told you could get one for. I was priced $48k on the Vandall Edition.
    '05 Supra 21V Launch

Seems like the going rate at the dealerships is getting into the mid-50's (some list even into the 60's) on the Vandell and just under 50k for a loaded A22.

looked at them at the boat show a couple times now. up close, they look real cheap. interior carpets snap in. tower looks like garbage. low 40's is base. you have to option the heck out of it to make it worth while. the mobius lsv is the comparable, and the lsv is a billion times better in appearance and imo quality. i hear the axis can produce a good wake, but if you weigh down a big turd and put a propeller on it too, i suppose that would throw a big wake too.

I got an XLV in 08 because I wanted the biggest bang for my Buck wakeboard boat. I love my XLV but if I were looking now,I'm pretty sure I'd be towing home an Axis A22. There are a lot of haters on this boat (even on this board) because I think it's the first boat from the Big 3 that is giving Moomba a run for it's money in the Value department.

If you notice, other then the pickle fork, the interior is just like an XLV with the playpen bow.
    Levi
    Former owner of a 08 Mobuis XLV, Cat340, 2650 Lbs.
    I miss that boat!

Quote Originally Posted by 501 View Post
    I got an XLV in 08 because I wanted the biggest bang for my Buck wakeboard boat. I love my XLV but if I were looking now,I'm pretty sure I'd be towing home an Axis A22. There are a lot of haters on this boat (even on this board) because I think it's the first boat from the Big 3 that is giving Moomba a run for it's money in the Value department.

If you notice, other then the pickle fork, the interior is just like an XLV with the playpen bow.
    I agree with 501. I got an XLV because it is the biggest and baddest Moomba you can get. But If I didn't have an XLV then I would 100% get an A22 Vandel edition. I will agree there are some short cuts on them but the Vandel is a sick boat! I've looked at it like 4 or 5 times since AWS has had one for about 6 months (well until they sold it 2 weeks ago) and I live about 2 miles from them. There are a couple things that I din't like but I seem to find a couple things I don't like in every boat I look at. I am sure we all do. Anyway. just my 2cents..
    2023 Moomba Mojo
    2013 Malibu VLX 21 - SOLD
    2005 Moomba XLV - SOLD
    2001 Supra - SOLD
    1998 Master Craft - SOLD

Yep, I have def considered selling my Supra and getting the Vandall edition.
    '05 Supra 21V Launch

Where did they come from? Is it like the Moomba line for SC but for another manufacturer? Did i see someone said Malibu??

Thanks! I've seen them but don't know much about them?

2007 Moomba Outback - going, going, GONE
    2015 "NOT A MOOMBA"

Why Not? Play Hard! Get wet