Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Try removing the solenoids from the valves and turning on the fill switches. You should see the plungers retract. If not, then you have an electrical problem upstream, possibly fuse or relay.

The Rule pump supplies the pressure. Getting on plane provides the prime to the Rule pump.

Solenoids are def rated 24 VAC. Doorbells are ac. The transformer steps the voltage down from 120 to 24, but it's still ac.

Quote Originally Posted by VA LSV View Post
    Try removing the solenoids from the valves and turning on the fill switches. You should see the plungers retract. If not, then you have an electrical problem upstream, possibly fuse or relay.

The Rule pump supplies the pressure. Getting on plane provides the prime to the Rule pump.

Solenoids are def rated 24 VAC. Doorbells are ac. The transformer steps the voltage down from 120 to 24, but it's still ac.
    The plungers do retract when removed from the valve, so I know they work somewhat, just not sure if they've lost a little juice.

Last night, I removed the manual lever like Jesse suggested, and I noticed that I couldn't get the solenoid perfectly seated.. Anytime I would try to tighten it, it would release and I'd have to re-tighten... So now I'm thinking there's a problem with the threads on the solenoid or something. I had a spare solenoid sitting around, and was able to get it seated correctly, so I'm guessing that's probably my issue. Won't be able to tell for sure until I get out on the water.
    '19 MAX
    '13 Mobius LSV - Sold
    '05 Mobius LSV - Sold

What size valve are you using. A 3/4" or a 1"?
    15 Mondo Surf Edition

02 LSV - Traded In

Quote Originally Posted by JesseC View Post
    What size valve are you using. A 3/4" or a 1"?
    I'm using a 3/4" valve.
    '19 MAX
    '13 Mobius LSV - Sold
    '05 Mobius LSV - Sold

I picked one up tonight to do my own experiments. I have two malfunctioning Orbit ones now. They are letting water in all the time. I'd like to put the Irritrol one on my only 750 on the surf side and have the Orbits handle the other two bags, assuming I can fix one of them. I'll try it out this w/e and post my findings.
    My Mom said I'm not allowed to get wet!
    2008 LSV (sold)
    2000 Outback LS (sold)
    LLTR!!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by kaneboats View Post
    I picked one up tonight to do my own experiments. I have two malfunctioning Orbit ones now. They are letting water in all the time. I'd like to put the Irritrol one on my only 750 on the surf side and have the Orbits handle the other two bags, assuming I can fix one of them. I'll try it out this w/e and post my findings.
    Just remember to remove and chunk the levers. I have been using these valves for over three years now and have had no issues. If you are going to use sprinkler valve systems, these are definately the way to go!! I ran the 3 in 3/4" with a Rule 2000gph for a long time before switching to my new setup of 3 in 1" and 1 in 3/4" with the Rule 3800.
    15 Mondo Surf Edition

02 LSV - Traded In

I almost never use the starboard side bag so I'll leave that one alone. The center fills so quickly I'm fine with the Orbit one for that bag. I really wanted to upgrade the one on the surf bag on the port side. I have a dual inlet manifold and two Rule 2000 pumps so I know I can get more water to it if the valve would just let it through. I'll take your advice on the levers.
    My Mom said I'm not allowed to get wet!
    2008 LSV (sold)
    2000 Outback LS (sold)
    LLTR!!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by JesseC View Post
    Just remember to remove and chunk the levers. I have been using these valves for over three years now and have had no issues. If you are going to use sprinkler valve systems, these are definately the way to go!! I ran the 3 in 3/4" with a Rule 2000gph for a long time before switching to my new setup of 3 in 1" and 1 in 3/4" with the Rule 3800.
    Jessie,

Why chuck the levers? Doesn't it take away the ability to manually open the valve if the solenoid goes bad while on the water? Is there a downside to leaving it on?

Thanks,

Al
    Al

2006 Mobius LSV

Quote Originally Posted by cab13367 View Post
    Jessie,

Why chuck the levers? Doesn't it take away the ability to manually open the valve if the solenoid goes bad while on the water? Is there a downside to leaving it on?

Thanks,

Al
    All the levers do is make it easier to turn. You should still be able to turn it to open w/o the lever, it would just be a little more work.
    '19 MAX
    '13 Mobius LSV - Sold
    '05 Mobius LSV - Sold

Quote Originally Posted by kaneboats View Post
    I almost never use the starboard side bag so I'll leave that one alone. The center fills so quickly I'm fine with the Orbit one for that bag. I really wanted to upgrade the one on the surf bag on the port side. I have a dual inlet manifold and two Rule 2000 pumps so I know I can get more water to it if the valve would just let it through. I'll take your advice on the levers.
    I have the same setup as you. I only upgraded my surf bag. The other bags fill up fine. I only have a 250# bag on the other side for wakeboarding, and the center ballast fills pretty quick...

So, instead of my usual routine of starting something that I've never worked on w/o knowing what I'll need, and then having to stop in the middle of the project to go to the hardware store, what's the process of replacing a solenoid?

I've never done this before. I know that the wiring goes into a plastic harness, but what's it take to remove the wires from the harness, and insert the new ones? Do I need to disconnect the battery or anything while replacing solenoids?
    '19 MAX
    '13 Mobius LSV - Sold
    '05 Mobius LSV - Sold