Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

I have the same Irritrol 700 3/4" 24v. As with Jesse, mine have worked flawlessly and don't let a drop of water through if I don't want it to. My sacs are completely dry inside when I take them out after just a relaxing cruise around the lake without filling them.

Quote Originally Posted by you da man View Post
    I have the same Irritrol 700 3/4" 24v. As with Jesse, mine have worked flawlessly and don't let a drop of water through if I don't want it to. My sacs are completely dry inside when I take them out after just a relaxing cruise around the lake without filling them.
    The issue is not about letting water thru when we don't want it to, it's that they won't let water thru when we do want them to!
    Al

2006 Mobius LSV

Sprinkler solenoids are 24 VAC, same as a door bell or thermostat. They retract when energized to open a pilot line that uses water pressure to open the valve.

http://www.irritrol.com/pdf/sellsheet_700.pdf
    http://www.irritrol.com/valves/valve...nst_gd_700.pdf
    http://www.irritrol.com/pdf/parts_valves_700.pdf

If that's correct, then you actually need pressure to open the valve?? Perhaps having the boat moving when they are first turned on will help. I want to go look for some of these today but only if they work. Are you guys moving when you start filling?
    My Mom said I'm not allowed to get wet!
    2008 LSV (sold)
    2000 Outback LS (sold)
    LLTR!!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by VA LSV View Post
    Sprinkler solenoids are 24 VAC, same as a door bell or thermostat. They retract when energized to open a pilot line that uses water pressure to open the valve.

http://www.irritrol.com/pdf/sellsheet_700.pdf
    http://www.irritrol.com/valves/valve...nst_gd_700.pdf
    http://www.irritrol.com/pdf/parts_valves_700.pdf
    I am fairly sure these are DC. If they were AC they would not work at all. I will take a pic of the specs on the side of one of the solenoids tonight. It is true that the system control that you plugh into the wall is an AC unit, but it will convert it to DC when sent out to the system. I will confirm the solenoids tonight though.
    15 Mondo Surf Edition

02 LSV - Traded In

Quote Originally Posted by kaneboats View Post
    If that's correct, then you actually need pressure to open the valve?? Perhaps having the boat moving when they are first turned on will help. I want to go look for some of these today but only if they work. Are you guys moving when you start filling?
    Yep - I always get on plane and flip the switches on and off multiple times. I always have had to do that with the Orbits. It hasn't helped w/ the Irritrols. I'm going to mess around with the solenoids later this week, because that's the only thing it can be, I would think.
    '19 MAX
    '13 Mobius LSV - Sold
    '05 Mobius LSV - Sold

if they are like a doorbell, they are dc. that's why you have to have the transformer in your garage, typically on a garage wall that shares an interior wall. 120vac goes to the transformer and it converts it to 24vdc for the doorbell motor to work.
    '06 Supra Launch 20SSV-gone but never forgotten

Check to make sure that you have the valves installed in the proper direction!!! Hopefully the arrow is pointing away from your manifold. As to those On/Off levers, the first thing I did was unscrew the solenoids and throw those levers away. I kept getting stuff hung on them and they were always in the way. Try removing the levers and then just tighten down the solenoid with a really snug final turn. If the solenoid is not seated all the way they will not function properly.
    15 Mondo Surf Edition

02 LSV - Traded In

Quote Originally Posted by JesseC View Post
    Check to make sure that you have the valves installed in the proper direction!!! Hopefully the arrow is pointing away from your manifold. As to those On/Off levers, the first thing I did was unscrew the solenoids and throw those levers away. I kept getting stuff hung on them and they were always in the way. Try removing the levers and then just tighten down the solenoid with a really snug final turn. If the solenoid is not seated all the way they will not function properly.
    The valve is definitely pointing the right way. I double checked that, and I wouldn't admit it otherwise.

I will try removing the lever. I hate that thing. I've dropped it in my bilge about 4 times. I've thought that lever could mess with the solenoid connection.
    '19 MAX
    '13 Mobius LSV - Sold
    '05 Mobius LSV - Sold

Quote Originally Posted by csm View Post
    The valve is definitely pointing the right way. I double checked that, and I wouldn't admit it otherwise.
    Hahahahahah!!!! I hated to state the obvious, but you never know!!! I would not admit it either. I would probably come up with a story of garbage being stuck in the valve or something. Definately chunk those On/Off arms, they are useless.
    15 Mondo Surf Edition

02 LSV - Traded In