Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Hate to dig up an old thread..... Please dont flame me....

Does it matter which wire on the solenoid goes to what? Im having the same issue described on this thread, I replaced my valve everything stock with an Orbit and the new valve doesn't open. I cant figure it out...

Thanks!

Hate to dig up an old thread..... Please dont flame me....

Does it matter which wire on the solenoid goes to what? Im having the same issue described on this thread, I replaced my valve everything stock with an Orbit and the new valve doesn't open. I cant figure it out...

Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by Branden967 View Post
    Does it matter which wire on the solenoid goes to what?
    No, it just creates a magnet to pull the solenoid plunger. (Technically, the magnet polarity would flip with the electrical current direction but that doesn't matter when attracting ferrous metal)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5rokXHhxRSw

Is the pump running? It takes a bit of water pressure to make the valve work. Can you make the valve work manually? Do you hear the solenoid click? You can test the solenoid by just applying 12V directly. If you have a DMM, verify that you are getting 12V at the solenoid.
    2007 Mobius LSV
    1989 Sanger Skier DX - sold

Quote Originally Posted by gregski View Post
    No, it just creates a magnet to pull the solenoid plunger. (Technically, the magnet polarity would flip with the electrical current direction but that doesn't matter when attracting ferrous metal)

Is the pump running? It takes a bit of water pressure to make the valve work. Can you make the valve work manually? Do you hear the solenoid click? You can test the solenoid by just applying 12V directly. If you have a DMM, verify that you are getting 12V at the solenoid.
    Thanks for info. Its weird because my pump runs I even ran the boat for a little bit to get it primed. The other bags filled up, just not the center (which is the one I put new valve on. ) Maybe I just got a bad valve?

Confirm you have 12 VDC to the solenoid.
    Swap solenoids with 1 of the valves that is working.
    If you installed a new Orbit valve complete with the solenoid, check the voltage rating on the new solenoid.
    2005 Mobius LSV
    325 EFI