Default Crankcase ventilation system, where?

First, the how to's are sweet. My first boat and I decided to tackle the 50hr service. So a big thank you to those who took the time to post their how to's.

Now the 2009 möbius lsv manual says to clean the crankcase ventilation system. You can explain what it is or where it is, but I won't find it. If someone can find a link to a pic or post a pic, then I'll figure it out. I'm not smart enough to find it unless I have a pic.

Thanks.

Luke

Quote Originally Posted by urban8designs View Post
    First, the how to's are sweet. My first boat and I decided to tackle the 50hr service. So a big thank you to those who took the time to post their how to's.

Now the 2009 möbius lsv manual says to clean the crankcase ventilation system. You can explain what it is or where it is, but I won't find it. If someone can find a link to a pic or post a pic, then I'll figure it out. I'm not smart enough to find it unless I have a pic.

Thanks.

Luke
    Which engine?
    Al

2006 Mobius LSV

the stocker indmar 325.

while i'm at it, just so i know, the flame arrestor is the round metal thing on top of the engine, correct?

the impeller is at the very back of the engine, it's in a black thingy that's connected to a flywheel of sorts. the black thingy has 2 hoses coming out of it. looks like you can remove some bolts and that's where i'll find the impeller?

thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by urban8designs View Post
    the stocker indmar 325.

while i'm at it, just so i know, the flame arrestor is the round metal thing on top of the engine, correct?

the impeller is at the very back of the engine, it's in a black thingy that's connected to a flywheel of sorts. the black thingy has 2 hoses coming out of it. looks like you can remove some bolts and that's where i'll find the impeller?

thanks.
    Yes on both questions. The black thingy housing the impeller is called the raw water pump.

Don't know about the crankcase ventilation. I think that's just the hole on top of each valve cover with a hose that connects it to the flame arrester but I'm not positive about that. I don't remember by 06 manual saying anything about it. I'll have to check.
    Last edited by cab13367; 06-14-2010 at 09:56 AM.
    Al

2006 Mobius LSV

Well thanks on the other two anyway.

I used your raw water strainer how to as well. Good stuff.
    Last edited by urban8designs; 06-14-2010 at 09:07 PM.