Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    Sled491 Guest

No idea, but not as uncommon as you might think. My buddy had to replace them in his durango, another in is Dodge 1500. Up here in the cold and the bad roads anything is possible

Hey Sled--
    I just got my truck back yesterday. Warranty took care of it. If it did not hen the cost of parts alone would have been $12,000 plus labor. OUCH. 3 weeks without the truck was not good. I think, I will drive her when I need too and no more. Hopefully next year, I will trade it in for a newer Ford F250. If I get rid of all the emission crap then I can not get it smoged. My buddy, who worked on the truck, said that there was so much soot in the components, they almost had to srap the truck. Chrysler did not want to buy it back so they did whatever it took to fix it. Here is the list. All these items are new. Turbo, CAT Converter, DPF filter, EGR valve, EGR cooler. EGR sensor, Fuel pump, fuel filter, all the sensor, Down tube, and a few other things that I can not remember. The repair sheet is in the truck right now. All of this could have been avoided if Chrysler did not put on the Emission crap on the truck. My buddy told me that I will be back in a bout a year or so. Not happy right now.
    Tazz 07' Moomba LSV --Kicker Marine Amps (MX700.5 & MX350.4) 6 polk DB651 speakers, 4 MB Quartz Marine Speakers, 10" Boston Acoustic Sub, Z-5 Cargo Rack, Custom Speaker/Light Bar, modified ballast system, Custom LED Rings
    Live life to the extreme and no less!!

thats just crazy. Stuff like that really changes my mind on getting a diesel
    Hey, Its Moomba time

Its all about the dash - enjoy the dash, as that is your time between the dates
    13 Mobius LSV-sold
    08 Mobius LSV-sold
    03 Mobius LSV-sold
    life is about finding the balance between being a responsible adult and staying young at heart

Sled491 Guest

Tazz, that list of parts was 12k? Wow. With the older diesels you just cut out the muffler and no big deal. THe exhaust from a diesel is just plain carbon which falls to the earth and gets absorbed as it is a natural element. I wonder why or who came up with this great idea for all the smog stuff. Again though, the geniuses in washington did change the fuel we burn a while ago, I'm sure that had something to do with it.

Quote Originally Posted by moombadaze View Post
    thats just crazy. Stuff like that really changes my mind on getting a diesel
    It's not that serious with most diesels, Tazz got a bad one plus he also got the first year 6.7L Cummins which has the crazy emissions stuff. Guys have already figured out how to go around it. I have the exact same truck plus same year as Tazz but I searched the entire state of Texas to get the last of two black 5.9L Cummins motor. I did not want a first year motor. The 5.9L motor is tried and true so why mess up a good thing I thought. 2007 was the only year Dodge had two sizes of diesel motors...you could opt for the new untested or stick with what everyone has tested and worked the bugs out of years ago. I have 115,000 miles on mine and so far so good.

Tazz, post up the work order if you can. I'd be curious to see the parts prices. I know that just for replacing a fuel pump it's around $2,495 and the pump is around $400-ish.

Sled491 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by you da man View Post
    It's not that serious with most diesels, Tazz got a bad one plus he also got the first year 6.7L Cummins which has the crazy emissions stuff. Guys have already figured out how to go around it. I have the exact same truck plus same year as Tazz but I searched the entire state of Texas to get the last of two black 5.9L Cummins motor. I did not want a first year motor. The 5.9L motor is tried and true so why mess up a good thing I thought. 2007 was the only year Dodge had two sizes of diesel motors...you could opt for the new untested or stick with what everyone has tested and worked the bugs out of years ago. I have 115,000 miles on mine and so far so good.

Tazz, post up the work order if you can. I'd be curious to see the parts prices. I know that just for replacing a fuel pump it's around $2,495 and the pump is around $400-ish.
    Da Man, I think you have that kind of backwards. The injector pump with change out is about 2500 hun (had to do it on my last Cummins), the fuel pump to the injectory pump is 800 is changed out. You can buy your own injector pump on line for about 1400 which is the route we went when we found out the warrenty pump was going to be a rebuild anyways.

Quote Originally Posted by you da man View Post
    Did you notice the red and white Mobius that was snapped in half just in front of the windshield?
    was the windshield damaged? I NEED one for my mobius!