Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

I guess what I meant to say was does it help them get in. I know at some time my elders are going to need something. For now they just do the whale role. I am curious as to how much help the rope ladder really is?
    07 LSV

I went with the ladder like I have because I wasn't sure if the rope ladder would really help or just swing under the swim platform. I haven't gotten to try out the ladder I just mounted yet so we will se when take it out to the lake this wednesday. Hopefully it holds up.
    2006 Mobius LSV

the waverunner ladder did help. The first time I took my parents out they tried to roll up on the platform and my father actually cracked a rib doing that. So the next time I had the ladder and it did help. He was able to roll onto the platform from a higher point in the water by standing on the ladder.
    I chose it because I didn't want to mount anything under my platform.

walb,

Nice work. The only thing I'm wondering is, will the fact that the point at which the ladder connects to the platform is several inches from the edge of the platform make it less useful compared to mounting it flush with the edge? I understand it probably wasn't possible to mount it flush but looks like you could have mounted it closer to the edge especially since you used the aluminum spacers.

Al
    Al

2006 Mobius LSV

Quote Originally Posted by cab13367 View Post
    walb,

Nice work. The only thing I'm wondering is, will the fact that the point at which the ladder connects to the platform is several inches from the edge of the platform make it less useful compared to mounting it flush with the edge? I understand it probably wasn't possible to mount it flush but looks like you could have mounted it closer to the edge especially since you used the aluminum spacers.

Al
    I thought about that but the closer I mounted it to the edge of the platfrom when extended the more stuck out when it was in storage mood. So it was a loose loose. I am thinking about making away that the ladder will be kicked out at more of a angle so it has more sticking out from under the platform when extended but still hidden when stored.
    2006 Mobius LSV

Default back to your handle idea...

late on this, but I installed handles on each side of platform.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Now that you're talking about handles, my kids love to body surf while holding on to the platform (neighbours 99 outback) I was wondering if they make an entire wrap around rail or handle.
    06 XLV

I really hope the above comment was tongue in cheek.
    My Mom said I'm not allowed to get wet!
    2008 LSV (sold)
    2000 Outback LS (sold)
    LLTR!!!!!!!!

As do I. I'd sure hate for anyone to loose a family member or anyone for that matter doing something as stupid as teak surfing.
    2007 Mobius LSV

So did the ladder work or did the force of the water extend the ladder out from its resting point.
    Patrick
    '08 Mobius LS. 4 Blade OJ 13x13 Prop.
    Kenwood KMR440U & RC107MR, T600-2 Rockford Fosgate powering 2 Liquid Acoustics 8" HLCD, Kicker SKM10 subwoofer
    5 light- light bar.
    2015 RAM 3500HD Dually 6.7 Diesel w/ Aisin 6 speed tranny
    Live life today!