Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

I mostly worried about the pressure of the water coming up and hitting it more then anything. Don't want to screw things up. I know I can mount it pretty easily. Just more or less worried about the water coming up and hitting on it when I'm goin 20 across the lake. Didn't know if anyone could see a reason that Malibu has it sticking out the side like in the video.
    2006 Mobius LSV

I am interested as well, it seems like it would effect the wake if mounted under the platform.

I would consider lifting up your mat and through bolting it. The mat will cover the screw/bolt head. Use a counter sink screw to get it pretty flat. Just a thought.
    1997 MasterCraft 205

2008 Moomba Outback
    1999 MasterCraft Sportstar OB
    1992 MasterCraft 205
    1999 Malibu Response LX
    1987 Marlin Magnum Skier

I think I like the idea of just trying to mount it with lag screws first before going all the way though the platform. But does anybody have any ideas on a good place to where I don't have to worry about the water pushing on it. If I remove the mat I will run the swim platform screws all the way through as well. Kick my self for not doing that. i was there when they installed the platform mat and all and shoudl have stopped them som I could mount the brackets wtih bolts instead of screws.

But mostly I worried more about where to mount it so not too much drag.
    2006 Mobius LSV

Default Finally got it finished

Been alittle busy so this kinda went forgotten about. Till took a bunch of family members out and didn't have it mounted. So I got it mounted now. Not sure about the location but only time will tell.

I had to use a 3/8" piece of aluminum to move the ladder down so it would clear the fiberglass platform edge. Used 1 1/2" long stainless steel lag bolts to hold it all to the bottom of the swim platform.

I debated and debated on where to put it. Couldn't really come up with a good place. Went with the middle so that would have the use of the handle in the back of the boat to aid in getting out of the water.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    2006 Mobius LSV

So, do the bolts go through the swim platform? What protects feet, skis, and wakeboards from getting damaged by the bolt heads? Can't tell from the pictures.
    2007 Outback - SOLD June 2016
    2012 RAM Crew Cab
    2015 Subaru Forester
    Stuart

"When you first start out with something new, you're always a little uptight." - Don Rickles

I used Stainless Steel 1/4" x 1 1/2" lag bolts. So they are basically screws with hex heads. I didn't want to drill through it. I put adhesive in the holes so that the screws will bite more. If this doesn't work I will think about pulling up the swim deck cover and run bolts all the way through. I don't want to run bolts all the way through for the reasons you stated. To protect wakeboards and feet.

I'm worried about the pressure from the water hitting it as well as the pressure from people standing on it. Will let everyone know how it goes.

Another option that I have thought about is making a frame work that comes off the platform mounts so that the pressure will be on the platform mounts. I really don't want bolts going all the way through.
    2006 Mobius LSV

Was it worth the effort?
    07 LSV

This may sound a little crazy but it worked. I purchased a nylon ladder made for the back of a wave runner from Overton's. It has four steps and I hooked it to the back ski hook. It hung down enough past the swim deck to get your foot in 2 of the steps. That was enough for my parents to get themselves high enough out of the water to get onto the platform. When I am finished with it, I fold it up and put it away.

Quote Originally Posted by Jeffro View Post
    Was it worth the effort?
    Was what worth the effort? Putting a ladder on the boat will be worth it since some of my family members have bad knees and stuff and can't get in the boat currently. So that will make it worth it. If that is what you meant.

Quote Originally Posted by rvette View Post
    This may sound a little crazy but it worked. I purchased a nylon ladder made for the back of a wave runner from Overton's. It has four steps and I hooked it to the back ski hook. It hung down enough past the swim deck to get your foot in 2 of the steps. That was enough for my parents to get themselves high enough out of the water to get onto the platform. When I am finished with it, I fold it up and put it away.
    Where was you at when I started this post the first time. I was just trying to figure out a way to help people out of the water. Hahahaha.
    2006 Mobius LSV