Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Kicker DS 650?

Question KM vs. DB

I have looked at both the Polk and Kicker speakers. The specs are very close to the same. I see Kicker speakers are more money. I am trying to get the best speaker for the best price. I will be upgrading after payday. I was wondering what some opinions of each speaker were. Kicker KM vs. Polk DB...Where have you found the best price?

Quote Originally Posted by philwsailz View Post

After you drill your holes, take your phillips bit and chuck it in your cordless screwdriver / drill and run it in all your drilled holes to make a generous chamfer. You can use a chamfering bit if you have one but a screw driver bit works fine. This will allow the screw to bite into fiberglass, and not the gelcoat surface, preventing gelcoat cracks at your screw holes.

Good luck!

Phil
    Kicker
    Nice tip Phil. I didn't think about using a Phillips bit to chamfer a hole. Will have to try that next time.
    Al

2006 Mobius LSV

So the KS650's arent marine rated? I have the KS650's in mine and did have to enlarge the holes a bit but am very happy with them, have had no problems in 3 seasons. I also have the KS630's on my tower and an L7, love the kicker stuff.

06 Outback V