Default Need onboard battery charger suggestions

I'd like to put in an onboard dual bank charger in to take care of my batteries with as little hassle as possible. I currently have 1 kinetic HC2000 AGM battery for my stereo and a smaller marine battery as a starting battery. I will likely add a 2nd Kinetik in the future.

What onboard chargers are people having good luck with? I've got my eye on the Guest 2620A and the ProMariner Prosport 20. They look pretty similar in features so I guess it comes down to opinions from you guys, ease of install, and price.

Thanks!
    2007 Mobius LS

bbyquist,

The ProSport has the advantage of having distribution on demand which means it can deliver all of its capacity to a single bank during the bulk charge stage when needed.

The ProSport is not potted (sealed) so it doesn't generate as much heat, rather it dissipates heat more easily.

The ProSport 20 will handle up to a total of 200 amp/hours (the collective rating of both batteries). Give us a shout and we'll walk you through all that you need including an inlet, harness and plug. You'll be able to activate your charger without getting in the boat. And you won't modify the charger cable with this kit.

David
    Earmark Marine

I had Earmark install my ProMariner Prosport dual bank for my 3 Deka batteries. Has worked perfectly and like David said, it doesn't get hot. Also, Earmark did exactly what he suggested to you, they installed an outlet inside the passenger V-drive locker so I can just plug in and charge without having to climb in the boat or even on the trailer for that matter.

Last edited by you da man; 06-11-2010 at 01:14 AM.

You da man, that is one slick setup! I want it!
    2007 Mobius LS

Quote Originally Posted by bbyquist View Post
    You da man, that is one slick setup! I want it!
    That's not the half of it.

ok now you're just showing off heheh. I pick my boat up from the installer tomorrow. I'll have the same setup as mmandley with the exception of my sub/amp being a bit less powerful.
    2007 Mobius LS