Default New SeaDek and Question About Scratches

Hey, thought I would post a pic of my new Seadek pad:

Also, I have some really bad scratches/marks on my transom and I'm hoping someone can give me some insights as to how best remove them:

Any ideas would be greatly appreciated. Since I'm planning on replacing the stickers I figured I should also try to get rid of or hide some of these marks.
    2011 President's Trophy - Check
    2011 Western Confernece Champs - Check
    2011 Stanley Cup Champs - Not so Much....

2007 Outback V

Most of those will rub out. Try some elbow grease or a buffer and some rubbing compound. The worst ones may have to be sanded a bit if you're serious. Start with some 800 paper and be very gentle- then go to 1000, then 1200 then 1600. THen buff with rubbing compound then polishing compound, then wax it. BE CAREFUL with sandpaper. Lots of times using rubbing compound will get rid of the whitish or blackish color of the mark or even change the color of the scratch back to the boat color so it's more or less invisible. So only sand in worst case scenarios.

Oh yeah, love the pad- tastful understatement- something I am trying to teach my daughters along with the difference between "classic" and "trendy".
    My Mom said I'm not allowed to get wet!
    2008 LSV (sold)
    2000 Outback LS (sold)
    LLTR!!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by kaneboats View Post
    Most of those will rub out. Try some elbow grease or a buffer and some rubbing compound. The worst ones may have to be sanded a bit if you're serious. Start with some 800 paper and be very gentle- then go to 1000, then 1200 then 1600. THen buff with rubbing compound then polishing compound, then wax it. BE CAREFUL with sandpaper. Lots of times using rubbing compound will get rid of the whitish or blackish color of the mark or even change the color of the scratch back to the boat color so it's more or less invisible. So only sand in worst case scenarios.

Oh yeah, love the pad- tastful understatement- something I am trying to teach my daughters along with the difference between "classic" and "trendy".
    Thanks man! I'll give it a go with the rubbing compound first and then see what's left.

2007 Outback V

Default Try Acetone

Try acetone, it works great on some marks and mar's. Just don't get it on your stickers/decals.
    Otherwise, wet sand with 1000 grit then buff with a highspeed buffer with wool pad. Mequiars diamond cut 2.0 compound is what I use.
    Aqua
    2005 Moomba 23 XLV
    340 HP, Clarion 5 HU, 2 Clarion wired digital remotes, 2 Wetsounds 485's, 6 Wetsounds XS 650's, 1 JL 12w6 Sub, 1 Wetsound WS420, 2 JL 300/2amps, 1 Wetsounds Sync 4 amp, 1 JL 500/1 amp. Teak swim platform, Perfect pass. Flip up Bow Light, Chrome tower Nav Light, Chrome thru hulls, Black Bimini, 2 750 Flyhigh bags, 1100 center Flyhigh bag, Acme 1235 14.25 x 14.5 prop, Dual battery system. Evolution Cover. Chrome Blower Vent Covers.

Went with 3M Rubbing Compound and it took most of them out:

2007 Outback V

Looks like it worked great. Followed my own advice when I got home today. I had a new scratch on the LR corner. No idea how it got there. Buffed it out with some rubbing compound.
    My Mom said I'm not allowed to get wet!
    2008 LSV (sold)
    2000 Outback LS (sold)
    LLTR!!!!!!!!