O.K. guys we have an 89 Pro-star and think it is a fine boat, but for various resons we need to move on. I have not looked at boats since '89, boy has this industry changed.

We want a cross-over boat with some decent comfort, with quality running gear and good reliability and abilities. Natrually started at the MC web site and determined the X-7 was the right model. Pricing info is limted, but it appears to be a $50K boat!

So the search went on and I checked into the Moomba line....seems like a no brainer! People seem to be happy with em and the only arguments I hear for the more spendy boats is Resale value and Fit and Finish. Resale doesn't hold water for me as we will likley keep the new boat 15 years, plus I don't see the point of spending money just so you can get it back when you sell.

Quality, reliable running gear is my main concern, but Fit and Finish has to be to a certain level so that the thing does not fall apart on me.

I like the '89, but would certainly expect HUGE improvments to Fit and Finish if I were to spend $50K on a boat.

So the question is......Assuming the F&F of an '04 MC would blow away my '89's interior, how would the F&F of an '04 Mooma (Mobius LS) likley compare to the interior comfort and quality of the '89?