Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678

Thread: MasterCraft X25

Al,

I cant see what you are talking about in the pics, looks like a tear/nick in the top part of the seat???? Cant really see the wear on the side cushions in the picture.

Regardless, that is a beautiful boat, I am a big fan of Mastercraft boats, I really think they build a quality boat. I am sure for 100k they will warranty any items that are not holding up properly. The wakeboard wake looks real nice as well.

Congrats to your brother, one hell of a boat he has there.... thumbs up for me!
    2008 SUPRA Launch 22 SSV
    2011 Malibu VLX
    2013 Malibu VLX

Quote Originally Posted by jmvotto View Post
    Al, the MC vsion screen has a menu to show if the hard tanks are empty, pretty cool, not sure how accurate, but the Plug and play saoft sacs you have to visually inspect to full draining before going to the hard tank draining.

may be surfing it tomorrow, i read somewhere that the x25,x 45 surf wake sweet spot is further back almost to the end of a surf rope. since i acn't find it yet, can you comfirm or deny that rumor.

fyi i would have some serioud warrnty issues with those seats....
    Joe, I am aware that there is a screen showing the tank level but my brother doesn't believe it to be very accurate.

The surf wake is steep and the pocket is pretty short and close to the boat and the top of the wave is foamy. The pocket is definitely not as far back as the end of the surf rope. My surf wake is clean on top, the locket is longer, and I think is comparable in height.
    Al

2006 Mobius LSV

Quote Originally Posted by sandm View Post
    great writeup. loved the pics of the entire boat, not just overall shots..

interesting if you note the condition of the transom remote and switches. they look corroded and the gel looks very waterspotted. guess looking at that, I would expect some wear issues inside since it is apparent that this is not a "trophy" boat but one that gets used..
    They are not corroded. When I took the pics, the boat had been in the water continuously for about two weeks so yeah, it's pretty waterspotted.
    Al

2006 Mobius LSV

Quote Originally Posted by Fman View Post
    Al,

I cant see what you are talking about in the pics, looks like a tear/nick in the top part of the seat???? Cant really see the wear on the side cushions in the picture.

Regardless, that is a beautiful boat, I am a big fan of Mastercraft boats, I really think they build a quality boat. I am sure for 100k they will warranty any items that are not holding up properly. The wakeboard wake looks real nice as well.

Congrats to your brother, one hell of a boat he has there.... thumbs up for me!
    The reason for the pic is to show u that the areas of wear that I posted are on the sides of the corner seat cushion so they are not subject to wear from passengers. The parts that are exposed are actually holding up fine.

Yes, they should cover these things under warranty but u wonder if the new cushions will fare any better.

Agreed, it's a beautiful boat, just a little disappointing that he is seeing so many quality issues. Just goes to show I guess that expensive boats are not without their problems.
    Al

2006 Mobius LSV

Sled491 Guest

Al I would agree. Just because you pay more doesn't mean it is put together by better people. I think for the money you are getting a whole crap load of bling and features that we just don't get to see on our boats, but as I said that certainly doesn't mean they are put together better.

Al, great write up man. Amazing boat. I really do like that Mocha too, and the red accentuates it well.

It's dissapointing though that it's not holding up like you'd expect it to, especially for paying that much. Typcially, you see a guy drop 120K on a boat, and just figure he's got money to burn, and may not necessarily take care of his stuff like he should, because money grows on trees. It's apparent, at least from the descriptions from his other boat, and he does take care of his stuff. Money may still grow on trees for him (and good for him for sure!!), but it's just sad that it's already showing signs of wear. I would be super dissapointed (as I am sure your brother is).

It's still a sick boat though, and I suppose if I had the money, and the opportunity, I might do the same thing.

I really enjoyed the write up Al, nice work. I can see many pros and cons about that boat, and you touched on a ton of them.
    2015 Supra SC400
    08 LSV - Sold
    Go big, or go home.