Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast

Thread: MasterCraft X25

I don't know about anybody else but if I paid that kinda money for a boat it better be bulletproof. I would go insane with the seat wear like that. I baby my boat and it's cheap in comparison. I can't imagine.

Seems to me there's a hefty premium people pay for the Mastercraft name (i know i know) although there are alot of gadget that I'm really impressed with.

I think I'll pocket the extra 75 g's and keep mine. You can do alot with that kinda money

2007 Moomba Outback - going, going, GONE
    2015 "NOT A MOOMBA"

Why Not? Play Hard! Get wet

Al great job on the review! I think you could make a career out of doing this LOL!! Personally If I had the funds available to buy a "high end" boat I would buy a Malibu over a Mastercraft any day of the week. Personally I think they look better, perform better, built better and a smidget cheaper. But that's just my opinion.
    2023 Moomba Mojo
    2013 Malibu VLX 21 - SOLD
    2005 Moomba XLV - SOLD
    2001 Supra - SOLD
    1998 Master Craft - SOLD

I dont care who you are, thats a beautiful boat! although, it would be a toss up for me between the X-25 and Launch 242! both are sweeeet....
    2008 SUPRA Launch 22 SSV
    2011 Malibu VLX
    2013 Malibu VLX

MC Towers look nice, but I agree, they are junk.... my brother in law has an X-15 and it wobbles like crazy. He added some stabilizer brackets for the corners because they were bending.

The upholstry wear on the X-25 looks like abuse from passengers, dont know if you can consider it a wear problem on MC's end. If I was the dealer and someone brought me back that boat I would tell them to learn how to teach people not to abuse the inside. The tears/slices are from something cuting into it. At least thats what I see from the pics.
    2008 SUPRA Launch 22 SSV
    2011 Malibu VLX
    2013 Malibu VLX

Quote Originally Posted by Fman View Post
    MC Towers look nice, but I agree, they are junk.... my brother in law has an X-15 and it wobbles like crazy. He added some stabilizer brackets for the corners because they were bending.

The upholstry wear on the X-25 looks like abuse from passengers, dont know if you can consider it a wear problem on MC's end. If I was the dealer and someone brought me back that boat I would tell them to learn how to teach people not to abuse the inside. The tears/slices are from something cuting into it. At least thats what I see from the pics.
    Fman,

See the seat cushion in the corner in the pic below? The pics of the tears is on the sides of that cushion. So the wear you see can't have been caused by passengers because they are on the side of the cushion and are up against gelcoat when the cushions are in place. I looked for anything sharp that might be causing it and couldn't see anything. I agree though that it looks like abuse but I don't think that's the case. There are also wear marks were the cushions open and close and rub against each other. His other boat, a Crownline, does not show this kind of wear and he has had it for about 5 years now and it was used the same way as the MC.

Al

Last edited by cab13367; 08-13-2010 at 06:14 PM.
    Al

2006 Mobius LSV

Quote Originally Posted by newty View Post
    That interior is beautiful! Love that caramel.
    It's Mocha Yeah, I love it too.
    Al

2006 Mobius LSV

The tower and vinyl issues are complaints MC has had for years, and they still can't get it right. I looked at the X-25 at the boat show and wasn't impressed at all. I could visually see flaws that, for the price, should not be there. And why MC still insists on that diamond stitch pattern is beyond me? I will gaurantee it will start coming out soon, it's also another complaint of MC owners. I look at that boat and just can't see it holding up with a boat load of kids, glad i have a Moomba.
    2007 Mobius LSV

Great write up Al. That boat looks great, I like the gadgets, but sure would be disappointed with the wear/warping the seats are showing as well as the other issues your bro is having.

Quote Originally Posted by cab13367 View Post
    The ballast system worked fine, he has not burned up an impeller yet. He did not get the plug and play ballast because his dealer didn't know about it when my brother was ordering the boat (the dealer is proving to be pretty clueless about their product). I didn't like the fact that you never knew if the tanks are empty so we kept hitting the empty switch again after it timed out.
    Al, the MC vsion screen has a menu to show if the hard tanks are empty, pretty cool, not sure how accurate, but the Plug and play saoft sacs you have to visually inspect to full draining before going to the hard tank draining.

may be surfing it tomorrow, i read somewhere that the x25,x 45 surf wake sweet spot is further back almost to the end of a surf rope. since i acn't find it yet, can you comfirm or deny that rumor.

fyi i would have some serioud warrnty issues with those seats....
    A Day at the Lake...Priceless
    A Day in Powder...Endless

Joe V
    2012 Möbius XLV~ Loaded & Exiled
    2007 Outback V ~ sold

great writeup. loved the pics of the entire boat, not just overall shots..

interesting if you note the condition of the transom remote and switches. they look corroded and the gel looks very waterspotted. guess looking at that, I would expect some wear issues inside since it is apparent that this is not a "trophy" boat but one that gets used..
    '06 Supra Launch 20SSV-gone but never forgotten