Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: MasterCraft X25

Default MasterCraft X25

My brother just took delivery of a custom ordered new for 2010 X25. It's exactly the same length as the current LSV - 21'-6". He spec'd it with the 400 HP engine which seems like overkill, but it is rated to hold 16 people. It's got some nice features and others that I don't care for.

I am going to his lakehouse the first week of August for a week and can't wait to experience it for one whole week. It's suppose to have a sick wake with just stock ballast.

I don't have a pic of his exact boat but it's got all red gelcoat and he spec'd the mocha vinyl (baseball glove brown color) with red trim, which I don't particularly care for. It's certainly unique though. He got practically all the options including the built in video cam that tracks the rider and records to an SD card.

Does anyone on this forum boat on Council Grove City lake in Kansas? If so, you can't miss him.

Below are a couple links.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RYeo9m_J8Ts

http://www.mastercraft.com/boats/overview/x25
    Al

2006 Mobius LSV

WOW - nice boat!
    It's a nice ride and probably costs a pretty PENNIE (or 2)
    Last edited by viking; 06-09-2010 at 04:17 PM.

2007 Moomba Outback - going, going, GONE
    2015 "NOT A MOOMBA"

Why Not? Play Hard! Get wet

I'd make out with it.....

I mean... awesome boat.
    Bunch of fun cars and trucks...... now I just need a boat. >.<

Al, awesome.

let us know how it does comp to the LSV.

My buddy is getting a new x45 in two weeks so we should be able to check out the surf tabs and the monster wake. also i thin i can park my OBV in the main cabin LOL

tried to bring him to the SC side moomba or supra, but the pickle fork won out side
    A Day at the Lake...Priceless
    A Day in Powder...Endless

Joe V
    2012 Möbius XLV~ Loaded & Exiled
    2007 Outback V ~ sold

Quote Originally Posted by cab13367 View Post
    He got practically all the options including the built in video cam that tracks the rider and records to an SD card.
    I have been mulling over creating a tracking camera since I got my boat in 2005! The only thing that I found would work using anything other than a passive arm on the tow rope was a system created by a graduate student at Oxford, and that was for ocean rescue.

Can you tell me a bit about the Mastecraft's camera? Does it mechanically follow the rope, or is it a full motion-tracking system? Motion tracking on water is hard because the background changes rapidly and the object being tracked keeps changing in appearance.
    2005 XLV, upgraded ballast, Comptech swivel wakeboard and hydrofoil racks, Monster cargo bimini

Ian,

I am currently building a motion tracking system and I hope to have V1 finished by the end of next month depending on parts and some of my friends time. Nothing will attach to the rope and it will track the person in the water. I will post pic's and the video when it is finished and working.
    2008 Outback V - Sold but never forgotten.
    “Do not wait; the time will never be “just right.” Start where you stand, and work with whatever tools you may have at your command, and better tools will be found as you go along." -Napoleon Hill

Ian,

I was looking at the photo's of the Video camera and it looks like they extended up the ski rope holder and it moves with the rope. No arm but will only track the rope.
    2008 Outback V - Sold but never forgotten.
    “Do not wait; the time will never be “just right.” Start where you stand, and work with whatever tools you may have at your command, and better tools will be found as you go along." -Napoleon Hill

Quote Originally Posted by jester View Post
    Ian,

I am currently building a motion tracking system and I hope to have V1 finished by the end of next month depending on parts and some of my friends time. Nothing will attach to the rope and it will track the person in the water. I will post pic's and the video when it is finished and working.
    Awesome. Do you have any resources on relevant machine vision systems? Most of the ones the I was able to find years ago pertained to industrial, security or teleconferencing systems. These were not at all adapted to tracking an object in water from a moving boat.
    2005 XLV, upgraded ballast, Comptech swivel wakeboard and hydrofoil racks, Monster cargo bimini

just watched the vid. nice boat, but I bet it has a nice price to go along with it..

I have seen one of the motion cameras on a boat. it moves with the rope as it swivels with the rider. it's attached to the top of the rope hook on the tower.
    '06 Supra Launch 20SSV-gone but never forgotten

Quote Originally Posted by jmvotto View Post
    Al, awesome.

let us know how it does comp to the LSV.

My buddy is getting a new x45 in two weeks so we should be able to check out the surf tabs and the monster wake. also i thin i can park my OBV in the main cabin LOL

tried to bring him to the SC side moomba or supra, but the pickle fork won out side
    I rode in a Mastercraft X-80 a couple months ago...twin engines, a bathroom, fridge, and sink.