Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: Chrome Logos

Man, that looks good. I love those letters. I like that you put it above the line. That'll be real nice on the water. I can't wait to get my on (well, can't wait for the dealer to order them for me). But nice work. I will try to tap into your knowledge for the install. I'm not 100% sure how you did it reading thru your explanation. But man, it looks great!!
    2015 Supra SC400
    08 LSV - Sold
    Go big, or go home.

I still have to do the other side so I'll try to take some pics of the process.
    2011 President's Trophy - Check
    2011 Western Confernece Champs - Check
    2011 Stanley Cup Champs - Not so Much....

2007 Outback V

Okay, I promised to show the install of the other side and try to better explain how I did it. As you can see from the previous photos, there is a top sheet and bottom sheet on the logo. Here is a picture of the bottom sheet:

Step 1 - Use painters tape to initially place the logo on to the hull:

Step 2 - Use tape measure to position the logo a 1/2" from the botom of the line in the hull in order to get it to sit level. The painters tape allows you to quickly reposition the logo where it needs to be: (sorry this picture is after I had finished installing but you get the idea)

Here it is all lined up:

More to come.

2007 Outback V

Step 3 - Once you are happy with the placement, lift one end of the logo and peel back the bottom sheet and fold it underneath itself:

Step 4 - Slowly peel back the bottom sheet while vigorously rubbing the logo against the hull to secure it:

Be careful that when you pull the bottom sheet that it pulls cleanly away from the logo. You can see in this picture that some of it remained on the bottom sheet. I am hoping that this one won't become a problem in the future!

Step 5 - Remove the top sheet or transfer tape:

Step 6 - Admire your handywork:

Hope this was helpful.

2007 Outback V

Canuckle thanks for the write up man! I just got word my decals arrived, and I'll hopefully be putting them on over the next few days... at least when the weather cooperates with me. It doesn't look like too bad of an install. Was that the sticky-ness that came off a little in that one photo? They look awesome man. I can't wait to get them on my LSV.
    2015 Supra SC400
    08 LSV - Sold
    Go big, or go home.

Quote Originally Posted by squeeg333 View Post
    Was that the sticky-ness that came off a little in that one photo?
    Yes, I either pulled to quickly or for some reason a bit of the adheasive on the logo stuck to the bottom sheet. Just go slow and you should be OK. I've inspected that letter and it seems just as stuck to the hull as the others so hopefully its all good!

2007 Outback V

Default Got one side done...

Thanks again for the write up Canuckle. I got one side put on last night. Took me a lot longer than it should have, namely because I couldn't decide how far down to put the letters. But I think they turned out really good. i had a few small areas where the adhesive did stick to the backing, but, not enough to worry about. I'm stoked to get the other side on tonight.

I'm pretty sure I'll pull the LSV sticker off after putting these on - I think it's a bit overkill, and will look cleaner if I do.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    2015 Supra SC400
    08 LSV - Sold
    Go big, or go home.

That is sweet with the Red/Black.
    2014 Mojo Surf
    2013 Mojo Sold
    2010 LSV Sold
    2002 OB LSV Sold

Quote Originally Posted by squeeg333 View Post
    I'm pretty sure I'll pull the LSV sticker off after putting these on - I think it's a bit overkill, and will look cleaner if I do.
    Your boat looks great! I agree that ditching the LSV stickers would be even better though.

that sure looks sharp on both your boats!

nice job guys