Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Chrome Logos

Default Chrome Logos

Well, my new Chrome Logos arrived a few days ago and I am hoping for a little advice on how best to install them. Have a look a these:

Now have a look at the hull on my boat:

Obviously I have a small dilema on my hands. If I place the new logos where the old logos are, I will have a gap between the logo and the hull and I'm worried about water getting in there and causing problems. So the other option is to mount them above that line in the hull. Here is a side shot with the cover off:

Do you think this will look OK or should I just leave it alone? What about oxidation on the hull? When I remove the old logo will I still see the outline on the hull and if yes, what is the best way to deal with that? Personally, I think the logos above that line in the hull will still look good but I am concerned that you will still see the outline of the old logos.

Advice?
    2011 President's Trophy - Check
    2011 Western Confernece Champs - Check
    2011 Stanley Cup Champs - Not so Much....

2007 Outback V

Second Ed's comment....
    2014 Mojo Surf
    2013 Mojo Sold
    2010 LSV Sold
    2002 OB LSV Sold

I'm not big on the new huge chrome logos either - I wish that they would have ditched the sticker on the back for a same sized 3D logo. If only you could shrink the ones you got!

If you don't mind me asking, what did they cost?
    2013 Outback V

Dang Canuckle, you beat me to it! I am going to be putting my order in for these chrome letters asap also. However, I'm hoping to figure out a good way to mount them, and let us know. Especially after seeing them, I'm not sure how I'd do it.

I suppose you'd want to put some transfer tape on the outside of the letters, as they are arranged in the package, and then use a lot of soapy water, and patience. The photo of a boat with the chrome logos on it had the letters up higher than standard factory location (though they were located there at the factory). My recommendation would be to try to use that contour in the hull as the bottom edge alignment. It would place the letters closer to the contrast tone of the hull, but I don't think that I'd tempt putting them below that line, as you said, they'd be in the water.

Ian - They are around 200 per side.
    2015 Supra SC400
    08 LSV - Sold
    Go big, or go home.

the moomba at our dealer has them on. I like them on that boat, but I do have to agree with the others. your boat looks dang nice to me right now..
    '06 Supra Launch 20SSV-gone but never forgotten

I love the chrome letters but wouldn't put them on your boat. Not enough contrast for one thing. I like it the way it is.
    My Mom said I'm not allowed to get wet!
    2008 LSV (sold)
    2000 Outback LS (sold)
    LLTR!!!!!!!!

Looks good to me. i have the same boat and color scheme. have to go above the line if you do it, cuz our moombas sit low in the water.
    A Day at the Lake...Priceless
    A Day in Powder...Endless

Joe V
    2012 Möbius XLV~ Loaded & Exiled
    2007 Outback V ~ sold

I like the new chrome logos but don't think it will look right above the line.

As far as UV fading goes, you shouldn't have much of an issue. I pulled several stickers off of black fiberglass a few weeks back, and didn't have any fading issues. I also pulled some off of red around the same time, and didn't have any issues. I would just thoroughly wax the surface once you pull the stickers off. You shouldn't have any problem at all. I figure if my arker colors didn't have a problem, you shouldn't with that lighter one. I've got an 08, but still.

Oh, and just use a hair dryer to warm the stickers up. It's kind of scary how easily they come off!
    2015 Supra SC400
    08 LSV - Sold
    Go big, or go home.

I wouldn't mind some chrome lettering for the transom or a better Moomba logo. Anyone have a pic of a 2010 with the chrome package on the boat?