Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

I got a scoshe enclosure at wal mart. like 20 bucks if i remember. I then fiberglassed over it. Eventually I was going to get around to painting it, but never did. I first found the sub I wanted, in my case it was the kicker CVR - 10. Looked at what the recommended enclosure volume it needed for a sealed box, then decided to build a figerglass box. Was in wal mart and saw the scoshe box, so i figured i would save time and jus buy it and fiberglass the outside of it. It fit perfect under the driver compartment of my 05 Mobius. Got it hooked to sub out on my JL audio 500.5 and it hits seriously hard. I throw my bass up towards the dash, and it really screams that way. Subs need something for the bass to bounce off of. Works great. So for about 100 bucks, not counting my amp, I was thumpin and the boarder can hear it as well. Just a DIY idea.

I built a customer sub box for my Kicker 12 Solo-Baric. I used MDF board, sealed it inside and out with some truck bed liner that I bought at walmart ($35 gallon). I think it was 14"width, 25" long on the bottom, and 20" long on the top so it had a slope on the back side because of the bow seat-back. I cut the foot rest board out on the drivers side with a saw-zall and used an angle grinder to get it flat as best I could. It's totally sealed....man does this thing bump. I'll post some finally pictures next week. Best part, I didn't loose any foot space. That was important to me because I'm 6ft and have long legs.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by ausbill32; 07-08-2010 at 11:56 PM.
    2007 Moomba LSV

Quote Originally Posted by cab13367 View Post
    Wow, I missed this post from Brian (on pg 1) when I replied to this thread (on page 2). Brian is right - I was reluctant at first to step up to a custom enclosure and 12" sub thinking that I was going to just stick with my 10" sub in the hump. Boy am I glad I went for it. Even without a dedicated sub amp, the Exile enclosure and the Shift S12D DVC 12" 4 ohm sub sounds incredible. Tons of output and very musical - no more uncontrolled boominess as before with the 10" in the hump set up.

Razz, who also went with the same set up, used to have exactly what you are contemplating - a 10" sub in a sealed enclosure mounted on top of the hump. As you can see from his post, he is a happy camper as well

So I suggest you go with the Exile set up off the bat - you will be thrilled and you'll have done it right the first time.

Below is a pic of my set up. Mine was the prototype so it has a different grill and fascia than the final product (and I personally like it better ).

That looks great! I want to build an enclosure exactly like this for my 2006 Mobius LSV. Would you mind sharing the dimensions? That information would be huge.....