Threaded View

Default new moomba owner. huge overhall

Recently bought my first boat. 2003 Moomba Mobius LSV with the 325hp white and yellow. Loving it but few stuffs got on my nerve.

1st- Seller said the sound system was awsome. Hooooo crap. been a DJ for 14 years and that did not sound good at all.
    Cheap Clarion deck, CD not working, Cheap Jensen amp. 6 factory cabin speakers, most of them busted, and 2 super Bazooka 8" tower speakers.

Replace deck with new Kenwood deck so the remote would work. Install 6 Polk DB651S in the cabin. Change the yellowed out remote with 2 new aeaware white remote. I added one to the transom. replace the 2 Bazooka bomb that sounded like either were busted with 4 Krypt can with the Kicker HLCD's set up. Changed the Jensen 600w amp with 2 kicker amp. one ZXM700.5 for the cabin speaker and sub I had laying around and a ZXM350.4 for the tower.

2nd. The grey plastic cup holders turned brownish with the sun and was getting on the wifes nerves. Got stainsless one. better.

Added a 2nd marine battery and a bleasea switch with little black box to charge both batteries. cant remember the name it.

beside that removed all the graphics and made new one. other ones were scratched and faded.

Changed the prop to a ACME prop 14x14.25. Nooowww your talking torque.

had to fix a few thing..... fix one fender that was only hanging on by 1 bolt. drilled a hole in the ski locker bottom and install a plug to drain the front water accumulating under the locker.

Added a water strainer and perko flush kit because of our nice and salty water.

Added a 2 lock to lock the rear compartment. those are sweet and doesnt flap when im towing it to the beach.

Got a bimini cover boot and moomba trailer post. changed all the dryer vent. were all cracked. from front to motor area. Needed a buffing soooooo bad. thats done.

Had a front seat made. Now have a full play pen area.

Changed the Hot tubes. they were all dried out and cracked.

Want to had a perfect pass but the wife said next year or its a divorce. hihi. might as well wait a bit. Also found that the heater craft is rusted to crap, so i need a new heater and motor is seized , so another motor. Shower in the back is leaking, have to fix that.
    Last edited by kojack; 06-08-2010 at 05:33 PM. Reason: missed some stuff that i wanted to add.