Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default Info on 06-07 LSV

Im pretty new to this site. Ive been wakeboarding about 2 years and currently i have a 97 crownline I/O with a tower on it. Im in Iraq now and will be home around september and have decided time to upgrade. Ive done my research, always liked the moomba brand and being enlisted in the AF the price has always appealed to me. I know I want the bigger 06 LSV and hopefully all the options I can afford. My ? is can i find one that will be under 30k? Minimums I want PP, gravity III and wakeplate.. everything else im pretty confident I can add myself if needed. Im looking to upgrade sometime before next summer so I do have time to look... Just wanted you guys input.. and anything that you wish you had or didnt have on your LSV.. Thanks again guys!!!

You should be able to do this. I've seen lots right around your price range. Thank you for your service. If you need help checking out distant boats, let us know and we will be more than happy to assist. Be safe and God bless you and those with whom you serve!
    My Mom said I'm not allowed to get wet!
    2008 LSV (sold)
    2000 Outback LS (sold)
    LLTR!!!!!!!!

http://seattle.craigslist.org/see/boa/1771802491.html

Here is an 07 for under 30K, Thank you for your service, get home safe.
    (hope the link worked)
    Tight tow lines and fat wakes!
    2004 MOBIUS LSV
    2008 Tacoma

http://portland.craigslist.org/mlt/boa/1773888768.html
    Here is some more eye candy, it's a little over 30K. Sweet looking boat.
    Tight tow lines and fat wakes!
    2004 MOBIUS LSV
    2008 Tacoma

What about options?? Anything you guys can or cant live with or without?? Any recommendations of required option for wakeboarding???

Quote Originally Posted by jbpetty6203 View Post
    What about options?? Anything you guys can or cant live with or without?? Any recommendations of required option for wakeboarding???
    I think you've hit on three "must haves" - PP, gravity III and wakeplate. If you tow alot, the tandem trailer is a nice option. One option I wish my boat had, and this is purely for cosmetic purposes, is the appearance package which is comprised of the stainless steel rub rail and bow lights. The ss rub rails are very expensive to add afterwards.

Oh, and get the fuel injected 325 HP engine vs the carbureted 310 HP engine. My last boat was carbureted and I had a lot of issues with it. With the FI engine, just turn the key and it starts right up and idles perfectly, every single time.
    Last edited by cab13367; 06-09-2010 at 03:26 PM.
    Al

2006 Mobius LSV

Yeah I know I want all three of those and I wana hold out for an 06-08 LSV... those have the fuel injected motors dont they?? I have a single axle trailer right now on my 18ft bowrider.. what are the advantages to having a tandem axle?? I notice that most moombas have singles....

Let me start by saying I know exactly how you feel. I just got back from Baghdad, Iraq in April. I left the states with a 1991 19' Caravelle and knew that when I got home I was gonna buy a new boat. I spent the entire year on forums and looking at boats trying to find one. The day I steped off the bus coming home from Iraq we went boat shopping and I found a 2006 LSV for 19,900. I was tickled. One hell of a welcome home gift. Now back to your questions.

One of the advantages to having a tandem is that if you tow the boat a distance if you blow a tire you can limp the trailer and boat to where ever on three tires if need be. Another advantage I have been told is the tongue weight. I've been told that the tongue weight is less since the boat is riding on two axles instead of balanceing on one axle.

My boat has the docking lights built in and the SS rub rail. I love the looks of the SS rub rail and the docking lights seem bright. Haven't gotten a chance to use them just yet.

Depending on where you boat at a heater is always a nice option but pretty much any "Do it yourselfer" can do that mod from what I have seen on here.

I don't worry about options too much when I was looking. I knew that I could probably add what ever I wanted once I got the boat. But I would say go for the FI motor.

And thank you for your service.

United States Army Reserves SGT
    2006 Mobius LSV

I agree with the 3 options you have decided you need. The heater is a must for the wife and kids, and I love it also. I am a huge fan of the tandem trailer if you hall it at all, a mounted spare tire is also nice(easy add on). The bimini top is also nice for some shade, My buddies old boat didn't have one and i thought I didn't need one then when my boat came in the bimini top didn't come with it and we got caught in rain. Since then we have it up all the time. When is rains the bimini and the heater are awesome. THanks for your service. Good luck in the boat hunt.
    '07 Moomba Outback V.