Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quote Originally Posted by kaneboats View Post
    Not to rain on your parade, but if you are thinking of taking your boat to Lanier I want to tell you I was almost frightened a few times in my old 2000 O/B LS. That hull is one of the shallower ones and is good for skiing, etc. With the cruisers you see on Lanier I was afraid of being swamped several times-- and I was only there for 3-4 days. If you do a lot of time there I would definitely consider either a newer O/B or LSV with the deeper hull. Please do a little research on the hull changes, etc. before you drive 1000 miles each way to get a boat for that lake.
    I've done some research, and I don't plan on taking it to Lanier. I've been on a boat that was caught by a random wave on a 19 foot Sea Ray that would have sunk a ski boat. But when we do go now we stay away from the center part of the lake. That's where it gets crazy. We launch at Charleston Point usually and stick around in those coves. It stays fairly calm back there.

Anyway, I have a budget. Is it the best budget? Nope, but I know what I feel comfortable spending on a boat. Unfortunately $22k is just outside of what I'm willing to spend right now.

I may also have the wife talked into an older Boomerang that's a bit more local.
    Bunch of fun cars and trucks...... now I just need a boat. >.<

Look on Atlanta Craigslist, 2 Boomerangs on there.
    04 LSV

There's actually a '95 Boomerang down in Dothan on Craigslist. The guy that owns it (and is now selling it) actually bought it originally from a friend of mine who owned it for quite a while and did all the work on it himself.

I'm going to send him to have a look at it. I mean, if anyone knows that boat inside and out it would be him.

I certainly appreciate all the heads up guys! Keep the links coming.

Boomerang is a cool little boat, but the Outback is more versatile being bigger and with the open bow. Don't know if it will just be a couple of you or not, but if you have family and friends coming with you, the extra room in the OB (or more so in any V) will be appreciated. Good luck.

Quote Originally Posted by Waynes345 View Post
    Boomerang is a cool little boat, but the Outback is more versatile being bigger and with the open bow. Don't know if it will just be a couple of you or not, but if you have family and friends coming with you, the extra room in the OB (or more so in any V) will be appreciated. Good luck.
    Yup, boat buying on a budget is a mother... :P

But, it all came about very suddenly, sooooooo... if we don't end up with something right this minute that's fine. I'll likely sit back and watch the forums and lists for a while to see what pops up. Based on financing I set rules to what I'm going to pay, and I'm sticking with them. I watch our DTI pretty closely, and I figure I can either make it work, or not.

The wife wants bow seating and something over 20 feet so we can take friends. I just want to be on the water. Hopefully something will work out.

Todd, welcome to the forum. Once you do become a Moomba owner, almost anything that comes up, there's a answer for it on this forum! (Or at least one question away from being an answer for it!)

I would say if this boat you're looking at is one that you're totally stoked on, do it. There's a webiste, Uship.com, that is solid for shipping things. I almost had a guy tow my new LSV up from Texas to Washington State (2000+ miles). There are people out there who tow and haul things for a living Just be sure they are fully licensed and insured. At least worth a shot to see what the bids come in at.

Uship.com is basically ebay for shipping things. People will bid on your shipment, and you can accept, reject, or remove the listing whenever. Like I said, I almost used it, and it was awesome (for almost using it!!) Luckily, the dealer split the cost of shipping, and had a contractor they typically used, so it came out good in the end. But, at least something for you and your wife to consider!!
    2015 Supra SC400
    08 LSV - Sold
    Go big, or go home.

Quote Originally Posted by squeeg333 View Post
    Todd, welcome to the forum. Once you do become a Moomba owner, almost anything that comes up, there's a answer for it on this forum! (Or at least one question away from being an answer for it!)

I would say if this boat you're looking at is one that you're totally stoked on, do it. There's a webiste, Uship.com, that is solid for shipping things. I almost had a guy tow my new LSV up from Texas to Washington State (2000+ miles). There are people out there who tow and haul things for a living Just be sure they are fully licensed and insured. At least worth a shot to see what the bids come in at.

Uship.com is basically ebay for shipping things. People will bid on your shipment, and you can accept, reject, or remove the listing whenever. Like I said, I almost used it, and it was awesome (for almost using it!!) Luckily, the dealer split the cost of shipping, and had a contractor they typically used, so it came out good in the end. But, at least something for you and your wife to consider!!
    I will add that I used uship to have my lsv transported from Iowa to Tx... The shipper that won my bid was on a dead head and gave me a great price (I was a little nervous to use the service, but after talking to my insurance, I found out that no matter what happened I was completely covered)
    2007 Mobius LSV

Thanks for all the welcomes my friends.

I think I'm just going to wait until something comes up that is just fits the bill a little better. We may even end up just waiting the summer and buying something over winter for a better price. Or saving up a larger down-payment and catch something next summer. Being a responsible adult sucks sometimes. haha

So Scoot - I may take you up on that offer one weekend later this summer until I get something up and going. (Don't worry, I realize boat's don't run on thank-you's and handshakes.)