Post 2000 Mobius impeller

ok, I continue "reviving" this moomba...find so much don't know how it ever ran. I pulled the impeller today and it looked like it was in the garbage disposal it was so chewed up. there was no spline left unchewed! I have removed ALL hoses hunting for the MANY pieces there must be. what else do i need to do, if anything, to make sure i have all the junk (which i do not feel like it have it all....I have no idea when/if the impeller has been replaced....

is it normal for water coming out of the cooling lines to be VERY rusty looking?
    Last edited by asil210; 06-07-2010 at 08:32 PM.

The first time I bring mine out after winter, there is a lot of rust that comes out of the exhaust. I would pull the thermostat and check for pieces there as well as pulling the block plugs and draining some of the water out. When I bought a boat in the past and found the chewed up impeller, I removed the thermostat and just put the housing back on with the old gasket. Ran the boat for 5 minutes or so and just flushed the block out. I then re-installed a new thermostat and new gasket. I did find several pieces that got washed out on the driveway.
    15 Mondo Surf Edition

02 LSV - Traded In