Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Boost Box Automatic Volume Control 10% OFF

Just got my Boost Box Automatic Volume Control... havent installed it yet though (review to follow)

Thought I'd pass on this promo code for 10% OFF they sent me:

FAF10118

http://www.watersportinnovations.com
    (it is good till labor day)
    2007 Mobius LSV

Any review on this yet?

Quote Originally Posted by 02Outback View Post
    Any review on this yet?
    Finally got the Boost Box installed. Shouldnt have waited so long, because it was really simple (1 Beer)

1. Mounted the BoostBox with velcro in the glove box.
    2. Ran all BoostBox wires through hole that was already there.
    3. Connect the power and ground from the BoostBox direct to the battery (Had to buy an inline fuse (with a 5amp fuse)
    4. Spliced the BoostBox remote control line to the blue/white remote control line in the head unit
    5. Turned on the stereo and calibrated the BoostBox based on the instructions.

works like a charm... thumbs up
    2007 Mobius LSV

Thanks! I am getting ready to order mine!

Quote Originally Posted by 02Outback View Post
    Thanks! I am getting ready to order mine!
    dont forget the promo code for 10% off !

FAF10118
    2007 Mobius LSV

Thanks for the input? So do you have to calibrate how fast/slow it adjusts volume? Can you set the HIGH and LOW volume levels at each end for individual preference?

Appreciate your feeback!

2007 Moomba Outback - going, going, GONE
    2015 "NOT A MOOMBA"

Why Not? Play Hard! Get wet

Quote Originally Posted by viking View Post
    Thanks for the input? So do you have to calibrate how fast/slow it adjusts volume? Can you set the HIGH and LOW volume levels at each end for individual preference?

Appreciate your feeback!
    viking -

you cant calibrate how fast or slow it adjusts the volume. I would say that it gradually adjusts the volume over 4 or 5 seconds

you can set the high and low volume when you calibrate it based on your preference.
    2007 Mobius LSV

install pic...

2007 Mobius LSV

Default The Boost Box - Automatic Volume Control

Please let me know if you have any technical questions with regard to The Boost Box, I would like to help make sure you have all the information so that you can make an informed decision.

Adsman, what type of HU are you running with? Did you have to splice the cables for this HU?

Also, internal to The Boost Box is a resetable, thermal, "polyfuse." The device is also internally protected against invert polarity on the power input. I really appreciate you adding the additional fuse, that is always a good decision from my point of view as well. The peak current draw of the unit is something like ~50mA, with an average down near ~30mA. So a 5A is probably still a good size, or you could even go a little smaller if you had to.

In fact, some people who like to move their Boost Box from their own boat to their friends boat power their unit off a 9V battery, and don't even connect directly to the boat power. I would recommend having the power cable connection direct to boat switched power, and then purchasing an additional power cable if you want to move your Boost Box from boat to boat. And i love that tag line someone came up with a few months ago, "Friends don't let friends ride without tunes!" that was really funny.

Braon

Quote Originally Posted by braonm View Post

Adsman, what type of HU are you running with? Did you have to splice the cables for this HU?

Also, internal to The Boost Box is a resetable, thermal, "polyfuse." The device is also internally protected against invert polarity on the power input. I really appreciate you adding the additional fuse, that is always a good decision from my point of view as well. The peak current draw of the unit is something like ~50mA, with an average down near ~30mA. So a 5A is probably still a good size, or you could even go a little smaller if you had to.

Braon
    I'm running the factory Kenwood (07LSV) ... yes i had to splice it (forgot to mention that)

I'm pretty sure the install instructions said that I needed to include an inline fuse (i bought a variety pack of fuses... so i can go lower.... what would you recommend?)
    2007 Mobius LSV