Default 2010 mob ls ripped vinyl

while cleaning and vacuming the boat this weekend i knelt down on the back seat and felt this poke on my knee. i looked down and saw nothing so knelt down again and a screw poked through the vinyl. the screw holds two puck sized pieces that drop into my hard ballast tanks to hold the seat in place. as far as i am concerned this should be warrenty and the screws are clearly too long, thoughts?

Quote Originally Posted by dru1974 View Post
    while cleaning and vacuming the boat this weekend i knelt down on the back seat and felt this poke on my knee. i looked down and saw nothing so knelt down again and a screw poked through the vinyl. the screw holds two puck sized pieces that drop into my hard ballast tanks to hold the seat in place. as far as i am concerned this should be warrenty and the screws are clearly too long, thoughts?
    I agree, it's a design/manufacturing flaw and they should fix it under warranty.
    Al

2006 Mobius LSV

Dang, on a 2010? I had a friend who had a 07 LSV and I did the same thing. Kneeled on one of his cushions and a screw head came right into my kneee. Pricked me and drew blood. Ouch.
    08 Outback
    82 American Skier

i had the same on my 07 obv in the rear bench and replaced all the screws with shoter ss screws. so far the pin prick in the vinyl has not spread. should be a warrnty issue. not sure why they cant use shorter screws after three years of issues
    A Day at the Lake...Priceless
    A Day in Powder...Endless

Joe V
    2012 Möbius XLV~ Loaded & Exiled
    2007 Outback V ~ sold

Somtimes assemblers have a couple different jobs to do that use different screws and they mix them up-- could have been a Monday morning.
    My Mom said I'm not allowed to get wet!
    2008 LSV (sold)
    2000 Outback LS (sold)
    LLTR!!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by kaneboats View Post
    Somtimes assemblers have a couple different jobs to do that use different screws and they mix them up-- could have been a Monday morning.
    seems like alot of Monday morning F ups, more and more people have talked about this.

my dealer said that take them out and ground them down flat, i chose to replace them altogether.
    A Day at the Lake...Priceless
    A Day in Powder...Endless

Joe V
    2012 Möbius XLV~ Loaded & Exiled
    2007 Outback V ~ sold

Same thing happen to my back seat over the hard tanks. Didn't come through thank goodness. I ended up grinding down the screw end but thats just because I didn't have any screws that were the right size. Seems like a lot of people have this trouble. Needs to be sorted out. Seems like a stupid thing to happen to so many people.
    2012 Mojo
    2009 LS (SOLD!!!)
    2010 Tundra 5.7 Crewmax 4X4

dont get me wrong at all i love y boat and am damn sure other builders have small issues aswell but it kinda peeved me a bit. on another note has anyone read the post on wake world about the guy looking to buy either a 2010 mobiu ls or a supra 22ssv. there is some guy chiming in saying that the mobius is a lesser hull design and the build isnt as good as thesupra and the tower isnt as good and on and on...should check it out, its quite rediculouse......

Quote Originally Posted by jmvotto View Post
    i had the same on my 07 obv in the rear bench and replaced all the screws with shoter ss screws. so far the pin prick in the vinyl has not spread. should be a warrnty issue. not sure why they cant use shorter screws after three years of issues
    It's been happening sporadically since at least 2005.
    2005 XLV, upgraded ballast, Comptech swivel wakeboard and hydrofoil racks, Monster cargo bimini

Same problem at the rear seat location on my 06 LSV. I'd like to see you press them to cover it under warranty. This should not be an issue on a new boat.