Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Also check to make sure everything is switched off. I chased an issue with mine for a month and finally figured out that the auto bilge was sticking. I know the light on the dash lights up, but I just overlooked it. The bilge pump was a new motor and ran so quiet I couldn't hear it. So It kept killing my battery!!!
    15 Mondo Surf Edition

02 LSV - Traded In

I suspect it is the bilge motor to drain the batteries that much. I get an indicator light though. Another source drain may be a resistive short to ground like a hot lead connection submersed in water where an uninsulated grounded object is submersed also like at the bilge pump again.
    1998 Mobius
    310 HP PCM
    SOLD

Ok, it was lack of proper battery care that caused the prob. I should have gotten a maintainer last year. One of the batteries had a dead cell when tested under load, the other tested fine. I got a replacement, hooked everything back up, checked for a draw with voltmeter and test light and no draw. Lake tested same day and had a fun, trouble-free day on the water. Learned my lesson for sure, I will be getting a maintainer very soon.
    Lance Saville

2009 Mobius LSV

Interestingly, I had a friend who had a snowmobile and a motorcycle battery on a maintainer and lost both batteries when the maintainer failed and became a load rather than a power source.
    1998 Mobius
    310 HP PCM
    SOLD

Quote Originally Posted by lancesaville View Post
    I went to take the boat out today and both of my batteries were dead. I have a dual battery setup w/ perko switch and both batteries were at 1.6v - no biggie i thought, i'll just charge these up and no prob - well I unhook the batteries and just for giggles I checked the voltage unhooked - main battery went up to 3.4v and 2nd battery went up to 4.8v - so since ALL of my switches and accessories were off, I'm wondering why there was still a draw on the batteries that made them both show 1.6v when they were hooked up? Could something be shorted out? For now I have both batteries unhooked and charging, just looking to you guys to see if anyone can shed some light on this 'mystery draw' i'm having (or imagining) while I wait for the batteries to charge. Any help/advice is greatly appreciated as always.

I had the same issue with my 09 LSV this year. Winterized it last year, disconnected both batteries and placed them both on battery tenders. Hooked everything back of this season, when thru some checks, everything worked fine. Let the boat sit for a week before the weather warmed up, both batteries were dead. Un-hooked everything put charges on both batteries for a day and everything has been fine since. Never could figure out why or how both batteries drained. No switches were left on.