Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default HLCD that fit in Roswell Cans?

I am getting the 4 can setup and light bar with my 2010 LSV. What HLCD speakers have you guys installed with minimal or no modding at all? I don't mind cutting the cans to accept a wider speaker, but I'm more concerned with depth as I know the cans taper at the end.

The bullet hollow points should fit in them. They are an amazing speaker! They sound great up close and like your at a concert from a far. Plus I think that they are the only speakers besides the new kicker that you can buy without an integraded speaker can.
    2023 Moomba Mojo
    2013 Malibu VLX 21 - SOLD
    2005 Moomba XLV - SOLD
    2001 Supra - SOLD
    1998 Master Craft - SOLD

bullet hollowpoints fit the depth, but you do have to make some mods to the cans. the bullets have a little larger basket than the stock speakers. I had to take a jigsaw with a metal blade and cut the diameter of the opening 1/8" bigger then redrill new screwholes. took around 1hr(be careful as the aluminum mounting face only has a few welds to keep it in place. saw will tweak the metal if it bites). a good stereo shop should do the job for around 75bucks if you don't want to. the cans should be removed from the tower prior to cutting.

my biggest complaint with the hollowpoints are the lack of an enclosure for the crossover board, so if you do go that route, make sure you put something behind the boards to keep them from shorting across the aluminum of the cans..
    '06 Supra Launch 20SSV-gone but never forgotten

Quote Originally Posted by stretch55 View Post
    The bullet hollow points should fit in them. They are an amazing speaker! They sound great up close and like your at a concert from a far. Plus I think that they are the only speakers besides the new kicker that you can buy without an integraded speaker can.
    krypt also make an HLCD in 6.5" that should drop in but I have not tested it. I have their 8" and they sound good.

are you guys talking about the hollowpoint 7.7 or a smaller one?

Quote Originally Posted by loudsubz View Post
    are you guys talking about the hollowpoint 7.7 or a smaller one?
    The smaller ones. The 6.5 hollow points.
    2023 Moomba Mojo
    2005 Moomba XLV - SOLD
    2001 Supra - SOLD
    1998 Master Craft - SOLD

I think they are talking about the 6.5 because they would be a direct fit in the roswell towers.

Best bet since you have the 8", if you cant cut them to fit, then sell them as new and get new cans for the 8" krypts. OR sell the 8"'s to Newty and buy the 6.5" to fill the cans and sell the kicker speakers...
    A Day at the Lake...Priceless
    A Day in Powder...Endless

Joe V
    2012 Möbius XLV~ Loaded & Exiled
    2007 Outback V ~ sold

problem is I already included them in my trade in, and dealer can't swap with the roswell tower so my only option is to mod the roswell or remove and replace with something. If the quality of the 4 can setup is good I will just re-use the cans.

Wheres the best place to buy the hollowpoints from?

Quote Originally Posted by loudsubz View Post
    problem is I already included them in my trade in, and dealer can't swap with the roswell tower so my only option is to mod the roswell or remove and replace with something. If the quality of the 4 can setup is good I will just re-use the cans.

Wheres the best place to buy the hollowpoints from?
    Conntact David at Earmark marine. That is where I got mine. They are great to work with!
    2023 Moomba Mojo
    2005 Moomba XLV - SOLD
    2001 Supra - SOLD
    1998 Master Craft - SOLD

2nd earmark. they are easy to deal with and david will help you out with all your questions. super nice guy..
    '06 Supra Launch 20SSV-gone but never forgotten