Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 20 Hour Service

Default 20 Hour Service

Taking the OBV to the dealer tomorrow for the 20 hour service. What's a fair price for the 1st service?
    Pain is weakness leaving the body!
    2009 Outback V

Mine was $172

Quote Originally Posted by cbboarder View Post
    Taking the OBV to the dealer tomorrow for the 20 hour service. What's a fair price for the 1st service?
    cb - The dealer from which I bought my Outback charges $225 for twenty-hour service check. I did not pay, as it was one of the three incentives, along with first season in/out service and first season winterization, the dealer offered to close the deal at the boat show. Can't find the record of all that was included in twenty-hour service. I know it included oil and filter change. The rest would just be a guess. - Deerfield
    2007 Outback - SOLD June 2016
    2012 RAM Crew Cab
    2015 Subaru Forester
    Stuart

"When you first start out with something new, you're always a little uptight." - Don Rickles

That is so friggin' cheap. I've heard guys talking about 3-400 for that service. I did mine tonight on the LSV. Took a while with my "sucker" pump but it was happy hour anyway so I had lots of patience. Really nothing to it. I think I spent about $22 on fluids and stuff. No complaints.
    My Mom said I'm not allowed to get wet!
    2008 LSV (sold)
    2000 Outback LS (sold)
    LLTR!!!!!!!!

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by kaneboats View Post
    I think I spent about $22 on fluids and stuff.
    Got that right. Now that our '07 is beyond the three-year warranty period, I service the boat myself and the Mrs. is really happy with the money we save not paying the dealer.
    2007 Outback - SOLD June 2016
    2012 RAM Crew Cab
    2015 Subaru Forester
    Stuart

"When you first start out with something new, you're always a little uptight." - Don Rickles

I'll see if I can find my invoice from when I had it done. If I remember correctly, it was less then $200. I've found that when I have posted costs here that Atlanta Marine's price has always been fair and usually on the low side. Same for when I have compared to Atlanta Inboard.

Well I have to consider the 4 hr. drive to the dealer-- both ways-- unless I want to wait. Wait, I still have to drive both ways, don't I? No, unless it's warranty it will be done by the kaneboats express quality marine service with a smile.
    My Mom said I'm not allowed to get wet!
    2008 LSV (sold)
    2000 Outback LS (sold)
    LLTR!!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by kaneboats View Post
    Well I have to consider the 4 hr. drive to the dealer-- both ways-- unless I want to wait. Wait, I still have to drive both ways, don't I? No, unless it's warranty it will be done by the kaneboats express quality marine service with a smile.
    god forbid something happen to your engine will skiers choice balk at fixing it cause your done the work yourself and your not a certified moomba dealer?
    08 lsv all red- dual battery system, kicker 700.5 and 450.2 amp, 10" kicker sub, wetsounds eq, polk db651 cabin speakers, exile xm7 tower speakers, ss thru hull fittings, seadek pad, evolutions cover

https://forum.moomba.com/showthread.php?t=10664

I had the oil change and filter done for about 75.00 checked eveything else myself, the dealer did the 100 hr. at winterization.
    A Day at the Lake...Priceless
    A Day in Powder...Endless

Joe V
    2012 Möbius XLV~ Loaded & Exiled
    2007 Outback V ~ sold

OK, found the invoice from July '08. It was more than I remembered @ $290.

Looks like service included most of what mmandley had. Here are the big ones:
    - oil & filter
    - fuel filter
    - transmission service
    - labor (this was majority of expense)