Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Blessed!

Default Blessed!

Sometimes we are truly blessed. It had just started to rain and the pavement was slick. My oldest daughter who has had her license for 2 weeks drove around a corner, slipped the back end loose and slid into a very severe and deep ditch. Did about $3k damage to a red Mustang but she's not hurt.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    My Mom said I'm not allowed to get wet!
    2008 LSV (sold)
    2000 Outback LS (sold)
    LLTR!!!!!!!!

Glad shes ok, also nice first car.

I let my daughter drive my Armada for the first time last week. Shes been driving about 1 month and doing well. We went around a corner near the house and I had to grab the wheel from the passenger seat so we would make it. Scared the crap out of me.
    99 Moomba Outback with lots of work

Glad she is okay! Wow, makes u count ur blessings!!!!

I'll take any accident where everybody's OK. Life's short enough.

It's a great car. I picked it up a few years ago. It's just a v-6 automatic but it's fun. A female teacher bought it new and a dealer grabbed it for his wife after it was traded in. When she got a new volvo or saab convertible I grabbed this one. It's a 96 with 105k on it but my Dad and I put a new top on it a couple years ago and rebuilt the front end. I put wheels from a 2000 GT or something on it and new tires a few years back. It looks way better than it is but it's a good car. I hope they don't try to "total" it if it's over 3k of damage to the front end. The side you can't see got jacked pretty good.
    2008 LSV (sold)
    2000 Outback LS (sold)
    LLTR!!!!!!!!

Kane,

Glad everyone is ok.

my girls are 12 and its only around the corner til the drive and it's scary as a DAD
    A Day at the Lake...Priceless
    A Day in Powder...Endless

Joe V
    2012 Möbius XLV~ Loaded & Exiled
    2007 Outback V ~ sold

WOW! We're sure glad it was just the car that got banged up!

Same thing I told my wife when she got in a nasty accident with a carload of kiddos (ours and our friend's). A vehicle is just metal, plastic and rubber and can be replaced. As long as everyone is OK, let the insurance guy step up after the years and years we've been paying him.

kane,

Good to hear that your daughter is okay. And I hope they don't total the 'stang!

Al
    Al

2006 Mobius LSV

Kane
    glad to hear that she is OK. I am kind of nervous myself. My son has his drivers permit and his birthday is right around the corner. People here in Vegas drive like they own the roads. But on the other hand, really glad shes OK. You can always buy or fix another vehicle, but you can never replace a love one.
    Tazz
    Tazz 07' Moomba LSV --Kicker Marine Amps (MX700.5 & MX350.4) 6 polk DB651 speakers, 4 MB Quartz Marine Speakers, 10" Boston Acoustic Sub, Z-5 Cargo Rack, Custom Speaker/Light Bar, modified ballast system, Custom LED Rings
    Live life to the extreme and no less!!

Quote Originally Posted by kaneboats View Post
    she's not hurt.

Thats the only thing that matters
    Hey, Its Moomba time

Its all about the dash - enjoy the dash, as that is your time between the dates
    13 Mobius LSV-sold
    08 Mobius LSV-sold
    03 Mobius LSV-sold
    life is about finding the balance between being a responsible adult and staying young at heart

Quote Originally Posted by wolfeman131 View Post
    As long as everyone is OK, let the insurance guy step up after the years and years we've been paying him.
    LOL. I just switched to a new company on May 19. Great way to start off with them. Then again, a property damage only accident isn't a big deal to them.
    2008 LSV (sold)
    2000 Outback LS (sold)
    LLTR!!!!!!!!