Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Loudsubz,

nice looking boat. I pick up the bullet line kypt 6.5 hlcds as well and put them in my aerial blunt cans, they should fit fine in those cans. you need at least 125 rms to each speaker at 4 ohms to pwer those.

heres a pic, not very good one from the cell phone.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by jmvotto; 06-03-2010 at 11:16 PM.
    A Day at the Lake...Priceless
    A Day in Powder...Endless

Joe V
    2012 Möbius XLV~ Loaded & Exiled
    2007 Outback V ~ sold

thanks for the replies.

My current boat is only 19 feet long and has a closed bow so its small. The subs are in a huge sealed box and only have a power rating of 150 watt rms so I didn't need a big amp to power them. I am also only powering the tower speakers and don't have any interior speakers running off anything.

1000 watt rms may not seem like allot but when you have efficient subs and only a couple of tower speakers its pretty loud.

I think I may just see if I can swap my HLCD with the dealers 4 can setup.

Welcome to the forum.

The boat your looking at should have from the factory 2 kicker 200 watt amps. 1 will be a 4 channel and this is stock on all Moomba LSV and is used to run your cabins. The rear 4 cabins will be ran together to drop the amp to a 2ohm load. The bow speakers will be ran directly to the amp.

You will then have a Kicker 2 channel and this will be powering the sub in the boat with both channels bridged. The sub will be a 10inch kicker in the foot plate and its not sealed and will do ok but not great.

As for the tower its been added by the dealer as an option as SC doesn't offer any tower setups right from the factory that i know of. This can be powered by many amps and in a variety of setups.

Ultimately the only way this forum can recommend good advise to you about the current set up and how much its going to put out to please you we need to know exactly whats in the boat.

Moomba cabin speakers are always Kicker's and they sound pretty good and is a good entry level speaker, most replace them as they are a bit flat sounding and there so much better sounding speakers out there for a few extra dollars.

Most common upgrades in the Moomba stereo is replace the cabins with Polk DB651, because for the price they sound amazing.
    Build a custom sub box that's sealed or ported under your drivers helm.
    Add tower speakers which you have and for the more serious people its HLCDs to be herd while boarding.

General power applications in most of the boats i read here are

Cabins range 400 to 1000 watt amps to power all six.
    Subs range 500 to the ski limit
    Towers range 125 RMS to 250 RMS per speaker depends on what you have.

Look at my sig i have a fairly high-end setup
    heres a couple links to what im running.

https://forum.moomba.com/showthread.php?t=10843
    https://forum.moomba.com/showthread.php?t=10874
    Malo <--- Means--Evil or Mean One. This explains a lot.
    2013 Mojo 2.5 Skylon Tower. Bestia < Beast >
    [COLOR="#696969"]

wheres some places to buy amps online? i havn't bought in ages and i used to always buy from the US to save money

Quote Originally Posted by loudsubz View Post
    wheres some places to buy amps online? i havn't bought in ages and i used to always buy from the US to save money
    Sonicelectronix.com
    Amazon.com
    Onlinecarstereo.com
    Cartoys.com
    Crutchfield.com
    ebay.com

Should give you a Start!
    Last edited by viking; 06-04-2010 at 01:56 PM. Reason: add a site

2007 Moomba Outback - going, going, GONE
    2015 "NOT A MOOMBA"

Why Not? Play Hard! Get wet

personally, I have always had the best luck on ebay, but research the seller first. due dilligence goes a long ways..
    '06 Supra Launch 20SSV-gone but never forgotten

Put the boat in yesterday and started doing some snooping around.

Came stock with the MB Quart a/v control unit and 3 wired remotes.

Amps are

Kicker ZX 700.5 (interior + sub)
    Kicker ZX 250.2 -towers (roswell 4 cans)
    Standard kicker 10" sub

System sounds alright but the interior speakers are not quite as fluid as I normally like, little mid range and tweeters are a little harsh for my taste.

Sub is good, but output is limited and I have to check the crossover settings as it doesn't sound like it is set properly as I get some boom on low freqs but no upper freq passed 80hz.

Roswell towers seem underpowered with that kicker amp, I like the integrated LED lighting for interior and the 3 light bar setup, kinda hard to part with it so I might just add my HLCD ontop of this system.

Check to see if the loudness contour of the head unit is on. If it is, turn it off. That will flatten the frequency response out and bring the head unit to a smoother response, hopefully that will take the harshness out that you are complaining about. Be aware that the level difference between having the loudness off and having the loudness on is substantial! Don't have the stereo cranked witht the loudness off and then turn it on!

Lots of complaints about speakers can often be traced to a setting somewhere in the front-end of the system. Check your bass, mid and treble too, and bring them to reasonable settings if they are way out of whack.

The sub is not set up to run much past 80. If your tastes point to a desire for more mid-bass from the subwoofer, you can open up the sub amp crossover to a higher frequency, but be aware of phase cancellation as you will end up asking the sub to overlap with the mids over a frequency range, and that can in some locations create an out-of-phase condition where the mid-bass is actually lower in volume.

Holler if you have any questions....

Phil
    Kicker

Here is the factory setup sheets for the 700.5 amps, both the ZX and ZXM for Moomba.... This is how the boat left the factory.

Phil
    Kicker